Red Sea 525 XL Slow build

NoWaiAma

Apparently pieces of the cabinet are under the tank in this box. I know pretty much no one in Ohio. Are there companies that pump out helpers ? Do I need suction cups for this ? Just need to lift tank to get other panels out to build cabinet. But then eventually need to move the tank,  fml

4 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

Major set back in gear acquisition (hadn’t ordered yet but my cart is loaded). I’ve got a broken molar. It’s near the gum line. Expecting a root canal etc. I already maxed my dental this year catching up on years of neglect. Fml

Happens man, slow and steady wins the race!

18 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Happens man, slow and steady wins the race!

It’s still frustrating as shit. And I have the worst lab coat syndrome to boot. 

Aside from that. I’ve considered starting it as a fowlr possibly. But may just say yolo. Basically. I want a goddamn puffer. 

Ive basically settled on kessil lights. Sicce return. 2x MP40 QD possible a MP10 on the back (will be checking flow prior to adding anything via pellets). Undecided on skimmer. Waiting to hear more on the xfilter/flir etc but plan on using one of this style. 

And far as controller. Waiting for holiday sales/ announcements. Same with doser. 

I know nothing of plumbing. And I keep my house cold as balls so I don’t think I’ll need a chiller. But may look into a fan for the sump to run off the controller. 

Anyways. 

Edited by NoWaiAma

With the LEDs you won't need a chiller for sure.  You can run anything without a controller, they are nice, and make things easier especially if you have a crazy or changing work schedule, but can always be added later.  If you hold off on the story corals no dosing needed, and a sock although it will need changed often is a $10 alternative to the xfilter.  I would personally not skimp on the flow, I have a pile of junk powerheads that constantly remind me not to do that again, however there are cheap alternatives out there and you will likely get a year out of them on average.  A puffer won't give a care about lighting so that could come later, you could put a shop light over it if you wanted.  I'm the single breadwinner who is 3/4 of the way through raising 4 kids who just started making decent money a few years ago.  I know what it's like to have money slow down the process for sure.  

So my system was purchased used and my skimmer died about 2 weeks ago. Realizing it was Reef Octopus from over 10 years ago, no chance of replacing the impeller. Just got the Reef Octopus 202-S and happy so far. Since you have time I can keep you updated. Happy to stay with this brand as the 10 year old used version was still a boss.

1 hour ago, crimsonvice said:

Congrats that is pretty sweet! Were you expecting it, or was it a surprise?

A surprise  boss came in and started bsing with me then slid a half folded paper across the desk   I go “what’s this?”  He said “paper” I started to toss in trash “look at the other side man “  

5 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

I was blown away but the amount. My hours are murderous but I’m forever grateful for the opportunity given me. 

For the last year or so the labor market has become so tight that the company I work for, and I think most, have had to look hard at wages.  With the tax cuts in place the money is there now for businesses to secure the people you know you are counting on in the future to get the job done as well as invest in equipment or training to make those people more efficient going forward, so that when the other party comes in and raises taxes again (not a matter of if but when, it's a cycle that has gone on for decades) people don't have to go backwards.  I have people (and not entry level people whose wages do grow quickly in a shop of skilled trades anyway) whose wages have grown more than 15%o more in the last 2 years because that's what I have to do to keep up with other companies to not have them pilfered away.  The bonuses and raises you read about in the news are very real in the manufacturing sector right now, and that money is going to the people who do the work, not just managers.  Glad you are with a company that has the fore site to invest in its people, they are usually the most important asset a company has!