1 hour ago, jeff70 said:

its not that much cheaper:blink: and no orp or salinity.  everywhere else in the world technology gets cheaper as time goes by, not in this hobby

Ain't that the truth!

I wonder how many people will buy this and want to upgrade in six months or a year. Nice to see more options though. 

10 hours ago, jeff70 said:

its not that much cheaper:blink: and no orp or salinity.  everywhere else in the world technology gets cheaper as time goes by, not in this hobby

Nothing gets cheaper in California, they probably have a special aquarium industry tax lol

I don't think most people get the ORP thing, and to be honest I'm not sure the apex is accurate enough in that respect for me to use the number for anything other than a reference.  There is a lot of chatter about the salinity probe not being worth the hassle either, although I really feel that is due to bad calibration practices in most cases and mine is rock solid.  At any rate I'm guessing the whole point was to be able to eventually bundle with the Trident for less than a grand, but that is purely my speculation and not based on anything factual (insert CNN reference here lol)