crimsonvice

Dosing Nitrates with NaNO3

Got my bottles today.  If I mix a whole bottle in a liter of water I will get about .05 ppm per ml.  So I should get about 1ppm per 20 ml.  would I have any issues getting it to dissolve that way?  I could get another larger container and use my 4th DOS pump to put it in too, but I really just want to get started!

Edit I answered my own question, I should be able to disolve 3 times that amount in a liter of water.

Edited by Muttley000

16 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I dosed 40ml last night and 40ml more this morning.  This is the first time I’ve even had a trace of nitrates!  I am going to dose 40ml every night to see what happens over the next few days and see what it levels out at. 

FF222D02-2952-4E07-8AE0-93AD2FA096C4.jpeg

Cool. What test are you using to test?

So tonight I measure .75 after I added the 40mm dose.  So I think I am closing in on the fact that I am using somewhere around 53 ml of my solution per day starting out.  I am going to up the dose tonight.  Not worried about overshooting, if I miss by 100% my nitrates will only be 2 ppm.

Edited by Muttley000

So it would appear that my system took a little bit to get saturated in some way.  I lowered my dose to 30ml of my solution as I approached 2ppm, and have still crept to 3ppm.  Last night I skipped the dose to see what happens.  I have already noticed my King Midas colony is more opened and the Kedd's Redds that were shrinking are opening better too.