How to get water level higher

Craig

I agree that lowering the pipe won't help, more flow (risky with a single 1" drain at some point which is why when I've had these tanks I use both holes as drains) or blocking the lower part of the grill somehow which could be ugly.  If you have a 700 gpm pump try upsizing the plumbing back to the tank, maybe you are making too much head pressure to get the flow you think you should be.

4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I agree that lowering the pipe won't help, more flow (risky with a single 1" drain at some point which is why when I've had these tanks I use both holes as drains) or blocking the lower part of the grill somehow which could be ugly.  If you have a 700 gpm pump try upsizing the plumbing back to the tank, maybe you are making too much head pressure to get the flow you think you should be.

What do you mean blocking the lower grill ? It doesn’t have a lower grill 

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

Could my baffle setup on my sump affect it?

I don't see how

31 minutes ago, Craig said:

How can I covert it to herbie? Would this eliminate this problem?

I think it would because you could slow the return of water to match what you are putting in by turning the valve.  I'm not sure you would be happy with the super slow flow through your sump though.  I would add the valve and play with this before buying a new pump just because it is cheap, you will probably want this valve anyways no matter what you do, and you can always open it and only be out 10 bucks!

46 minutes ago, Craig said:

its the L40 there are the specs

41wCG7zjqcL.jpg

Hmmm, only 90 inches max of head.  It would be nice to see a chart to know what it does at 30, 40, and 50" but I think I would end up changing the pump myself, I think you just aren't getting enough flow.  A mag 7 would give you 400 GPH I'm guessing, I bet you would have to turn that down.