Jump to content
euphylin me

38 bowfront tear down...but got something new!

Recommended Posts

I tore down my 38g bowfront and picked up a reef ready 70g rimless (its has lagoon style dimensions almost). This is going to be a fish only tank as my Fiance wants a dog face puffer....needless to say, i dont trust putting corals in with him. Don't worry, once he gets bigger he will have a bigger home, but i have a few years before that happens as he is just a little guy right now. Not sure what else is going in the tank yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muttley000 said:

Looks great.  Working in a store you will have offers for tanks coming out your ears!  If you hear of a 6' or 8' tank on the cheap you or Andy don't jump on, let me know!

will do! we can get pretty good deals on the deep blue brand takes so if there is one that you like, let us know! but i want to say the largest they offer is a 120g (4ft) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, euphylin me said:

will do! we can get pretty good deals on the deep blue brand takes so if there is one that you like, let us know! but i want to say the largest they offer is a 120g (4ft) 

PM me a price for a 35 rimless cube. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, Muttley000 said:

Looks great.  Working in a store you will have offers for tanks coming out your ears!  If you hear of a 6' or 8' tank on the cheap you or Andy don't jump on, let me know!

Your MTS is worsening. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, euphylin me said:

finally getting around to plumbing this thing! hopefully ill have it plumbed tonight and get something to put in it this weekend! (hopefully)

Don’t forget pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, music said:

Crummy photos are better than no photos. :)  Also crack up the whites  & crank down the blues (if it is easy) for a quick pic.  It works for me.  

yea im bad at taking pics:lol: part of me wishes my fiance didnt want a dogface puffer so i can have a reef but its ok, ill just have a nem tank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crimsonvice said:

Are you doing fancy hard plumbing?

its going to be hard plumbed but nothing fancy lol. its not going to be an sps tank so i want worried about making it elaborate. im thinking about making it a dual sump tank as im worried my sump isnt large enough or just doing a hang on back fuge

Edited by euphylin me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. As long as it gets the job done who cares. Its fun to see what people do, but the fancy hard plumbing can be a pain in the butt if its not your thing. I tried to hard plumb with a manifold, and while it came out all right, I am not sure that I would do it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crimsonvice said:

lol. As long as it gets the job done who cares. Its fun to see what people do, but the fancy hard plumbing can be a pain in the butt if its not your thing. I tried to hard plumb with a manifold, and while it came out all right, I am not sure that I would do it again. 

yea when i wanted to plumb my last tank i wanted to put unions all over the place and then when i really thought about it....if you have to tear apart your plumbing, you might as well redo the rest lol. plus, unions can leak so i like a "sure thing".

Edited by euphylin me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, Muttley000 said:

Looks great.  Working in a store you will have offers for tanks coming out your ears!  If you hear of a 6' or 8' tank on the cheap you or Andy don't jump on, let me know!

Hey, we went and picked up some of Andy's old things and we are going to sell a 300g reef ready acrylic tank if you are interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, euphylin me said:

Hey, we went and picked up some of Andy's old things and we are going to sell a 300g reef ready acrylic tank if you are interested

PM me a price!  Not a great time for me right now but if the price were right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...