TomC1966

Purple Helix® Coralline Algae in a Bottle ????

Has anyone ever used this product?  https://arcreef.com/product/coralline-algae/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxZPgBRCmARIsAOrTHSY3RSpCWX4p812tHp-m4HCVvEHxLftC9rMvn7tC3JPDLx4-_FZeQssaAmLuEALw_wcB  Made by ARC Reef.  Reviews seem good but I wanna hear from Buckeye Reef Members and hear your results.  Says one bottle per 50 gallons and you can not overdose your tank.  I would really like to get a batch of Coralline going in this tank a little sooner.  I know some of you will say I will end up hating the purple stuff.

I have one rock with it on it in my tank.  Bought it separate from all my other rock. How fast will it spread out to the other rocks?

Thanks

I saw this and was thinking of using it. Honestly if a LFS had a bottle I would have picked it up. There is a video of how to make a homemade version using some chunks from a rock and magnesium. Do you ever come through Cbus, I would be happy to give you some scrapings. 

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

I saw this and was thinking of using it. Honestly if a LFS had a bottle I would have picked it up. There is a video of how to make a homemade version using some chunks from a rock and magnesium. Do you ever come through Cbus, I would be happy to give you some scrapings. 

Link to this??

years ago a friend came over and scrapped some off my glass, used a blender then put it into his tank.  he had visible growth in 1 week.  good luck!!