December Deals (Spoiler: There's a LOT!)

MarineDepot

@MarineDepot I have been eyeballing a new RODI unit. I have been running the Aquaticlife Twist and am not totally happy just because of the operating expense. I like the features on the Vertex 100 GPD, and given the 25% discount now may be the time to buy. Any recommendations for RODI units, or experience with this particular unit? Also, do you guys still do a discount on replacement filters if the unit is purchased through MD? 

50 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

@MarineDepot I have been eyeballing a new RODI unit. I have been running the Aquaticlife Twist and am not totally happy just because of the operating expense. I like the features on the Vertex 100 GPD, and given the 25% discount now may be the time to buy. Any recommendations for RODI units, or experience with this particular unit? Also, do you guys still do a discount on replacement filters if the unit is purchased through MD? 

I use the Twist-In myself and I love it! I had the RO Buddie before and it is a HUGE improvement.

We have a shipment from Vertex en route to replenish inventory because sales picked up quite a bit once those big discounts went live.

The pure/waste water ratio for the Twist-In is 1:3.5. For the Puratek 100 GPD system, the ratio is 1:2.5. For the Puratek Deluxe 100 GPD, it's even better at 1:1. 

From the manufacturer:

"Puratek RO/DI units all feature integrated manual Back-Flush valves to maximize the life and output of the membrane cartridge. Performing routine manual system Back-Flushes, preserves the longevity of the membrane and increases efficiency. The unit is further furnished with an easily viewed oil-filled pressure gauge and an automatic shut-off valve which halts all water transit during instances of back-pressure."

The Deluxe model has a lot more features.

"The on-board microprocessor controller enables every Puratek Deluxe RO/DI unit to function with full automation. At set intervals, the unit will perform routine system Back-Flushes, preserving the longevity of the membrane and increasing efficiency. The unit is further featured with a shut-off solenoid which halts all water transit during instances of back pressure or loss of power to the controller. Each Deluxe Puratek RO/DI system is furnished with a Vertex HP-100 Booster Pump, enabling the setup to operate at the lower source water pressures. By closely monitoring the water input, Puratek Deluxe RO/DI systems are amongst the most eco-friendly units, producing pure water with reduced waste.

As added user-convenience features, the unit is furnished with a processor controlled digital output TDS meter to track water purity. An oil-filled pressure gauge makes for easy monitoring of system operating standards. A set of clear, easy-to-view canisters are visible indicators of cartridge life. Finally, standardized fittings and cartridges ease the task of routine maintenance."

Both are going to deliver more efficient water production and have features to improve longevity which will save you money.

The Deluxe model is a big step up. With the included booster pump, you'll have perfect water pressure so the system performs optimally. The TDS meter will help you monitor water purity too so you'll know when to replace cartridges so you don't do it prematurely (or wait too long).

And yes, we still offer 15% off for life for replacement cartridges when you buy a reverse osmosis system from us. Here are the deets: https://www.marinedepot.com/reverse_osmosis_water_filtration_systems-ap.html

Let me know if you have more questions!

Jeff @MarineDepot