• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Algae cleanup crew

pfleghaar

I don't know what you are looking for, but Reefcleaners.com has some good prices on clean up crew, and if you do snails only you don't have to pay for overnight shipping. 

I like snails over crabs because crabs kill each other and snails for shells, even if extras are available. On the flip side, some snails can't flip themselves over if they end up on their shell. 

Nassarius snails, turbos, trochus, fighting choncs are cool. 

Red leg hermits are less aggressive than blue leg, but that is here say. 

If you use coupon code "reef club" in reef cleaners it is 10% off. 

15 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I don't know what you are looking for, but Reefcleaners.com has some good prices on clean up crew, and if you do snails only you don't have to pay for overnight shipping. 

I like snails over crabs because crabs kill each other and snails for shells, even if extras are available. On the flip side, some snails can't flip themselves over if they end up on their shell. 

Nassarius snails, turbos, trochus, fighting choncs are cool. 

Red leg hermits are less aggressive than blue leg, but that is here say. 

If you use coupon code "reef club" in reef cleaners it is 10% off. 

would definitely agree with @crimsonvice here. I would choose snails bc you can have a pretty decent variety of them that do different jobs. In my tanks i always do a mix of astreas, nassarius, cerith, and maybe a conch or two depending on the size of the tank. Keep in mind, they always recommend way over the needed amount for a clean up crew. Please dont go out and by a 100 member clean up crew for a 15g tank lol. for a 40g i would suggest to START OUT (not your max) do 5 of each: Nassarius, astrea, and cerith. The reason for this is because with a newly set up tank, there really isnt a sufficient  food source for you max cap for clean up crew. Sorry for the lengthy response but yea if you are not seeing ANY algae and you see snails/crabs dying all the time, its likely that you have too large of a clean up crew. If you start to see alot of uneaten algae, you can always add a few more. Hope this helps. bulk reef supply has a great video on youtube explaining clean up crews