Urgent help needed please read.

TomC1966

I would immediately start copper on him, and pull all the fish to do a copper treatment on all of them. This is the best course of action to save all the fish but it is not without difficulties.  Are you familiar with copper?  Are you familiar with going fishless for the display tank for 72 days to allowe the parasites in the tank to die out?  Do you have any copper intolerant fish?  

You could run a ich management system but I do not recommend it.    

Never used copper before.  But can figure it out i guess. Suggestions would be good.  Am pulling fish to quarentine tsnk. What sbout inverts in tsnk?  Snails hermits anemones?   They safe?  From this?  What about Snowflake eel ?  Flame angel blue eye tang tomini tang sailfin tang damsels and ocellaris clowns

55 gallon.  But eel is 8 inches. Biggest fish i have is 4 inch blue eye cole tang.  Everything else is smaller.  So 55 should be ok for quarentine period.  That blue tang in pic is 2 inches maybe 2 1/4 inches.  

Edited by TomC1966

Ok everyone is out of main tank and in a 55 gallon quarentine tank.  Started off with a 50% dose of Cupramine today.  Will add another quarter dose in 2 days and then final dose on 5th day to get to full dose of .5.  Gonna be a while before anybody goes back in main tank.  Will never make the mistake of adding a fish to main tank early.  They will stay in quarantine for a full month from now on.  Lost a a purple fire fish (culprit) and a damsel and a clown.  Hoping it stops there and i can salvage the rest.  Thank you all for the advice and help!!!

It's hard to say with those pictures. I had a couple tangs that I thought had ich. As it end up it was flukes. Flukes can be treated in the display with prazipro. If it were me I'd try that first. I'm located in New Carlisle and I have some if you'd like to try it first.

OK so here is an update.  I lost 3 Ocellaris Clowns and 3 damsels but everyone else is doing good.  Everything has cleared up on the fish in the original pic and everything is eating very well and swimming strong.  They have been in QT for a week now.  Copper levels are steady.  Gonna remove copper after 14 days.  

5 minutes ago, TomC1966 said:

OK so here is an update.  I lost 3 Ocellaris Clowns and 3 damsels but everyone else is doing good.  Everything has cleared up on the fish in the original pic and everything is eating very well and swimming strong.  They have been in QT for a week now.  Copper levels are steady.  Gonna remove copper after 14 days.  

always sucks to lose fish :( but at least the others are doing well glad to hear!