thoeffe

Zoanthid eating nudibranchs...help.

2 minutes ago, thoeffe said:

I noticed a zoanthid eating nudibranch and some eggs today.  I squished them not sure if they died or what.  How should I get rid of them? Is there a way to eradacate them? 

i think flatworm exit works for zoa nudies. if so it wont be hard, just follow the directions on it! it doesnt kill eggs so you have to keep dosing so it kills the hatchlings

Edited by euphylin me

21 hours ago, thoeffe said:

I noticed a zoanthid eating nudibranch and some eggs today.  I squished them not sure if they died or what.  How should I get rid of them? Is there a way to eradacate them? 

any course of action yet? i would plan asap before it gets out of controll

Not sure im just really hesitant to add it straight to my tank.  :/  if something went wrong and i lost a bunch of stuff i wouldnt be able to afford getting it all again, seasonal job so no income right now.  im considering manual removal and either coralrx or a different dip heck maybe even using the flatworm rx as the dip. Dipping each colony every so often to try to kill them all off.  Idk :(

I would go for the flatworm dips if you are afraid of putting it in the tank along with manual removal. I would dip twice a week and remove as many as you can by hand....it should work. Just know that flatworm won't do anything to eggs. That's why I suggested dipping once or twice a week with a few days in between

I had it in a 75g reef (it was my dad's when I lived at home) and I dosed the tank...it might take a long time before you fully get rid of them if you are doing dips...might just be more of way to control than to get rid of them but its worth a shot. And coral rx(dont dose the tank with this stuff) and flatworm exit work but there is no dip for the eggs. If you are diligent you should dip every like every Monday and Friday. On the in between days try and siphon out as many adult nudies as you can. Thank goodness I caught mine really early and i got rid of them in a few weeks (like 2)