• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tank plans for the new year?

I am planning the long awaited house addition.  I'm not sure I'll get it actually started in 2019 outside of all the design work or not, maybe some preliminary foundation work if all goes well!  The wife asked me to add another 2 feet to the built in tank space wich I think will get me into a 12x4 footprint!  That probably wouldn't get built until 2021 or 2022.  In the mean time while I'm dreaming, this year I want to get my 37 cube set up for a smaller eel, and add a 40b dedicated frag tank.  I also want to get a 29 set up as a permanent QT to use.

30 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I am planning the long awaited house addition.  I'm not sure I'll get it actually started in 2019 outside of all the design work or not, maybe some preliminary foundation work if all goes well!  The wife asked me to add another 2 feet to the built in tank space wich I think will get me into a 12x4 footprint!  That probably wouldn't get built until 2021 or 2022.  In the mean time while I'm dreaming, this year I want to get my 37 cube set up for a smaller eel, and add a 40b dedicated frag tank.  I also want to get a 29 set up as a permanent QT to use.

Sounds like major plans. 

Thanks. I knew there was a difference between Prime & Prime HD. But I don’t remember seeing the + behind the HD when I was looking at these before.

I need to make room above the tank as there is only about 10” total right now. That would put the light about 7” off the water. Need to get it a little higher. 

My plans for 2019... Keep things stable as we will be living in 2 locations for the better part of the year. Deciding if we are going to move to second location permanently. The wife has agreed to the Multiple Tank System I would like to install in potential new house. Doing some thinking and planning on how this setup/move will go.

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

My plans for 2019... Keep things stable as we will be living in 2 locations for the better part of the year. Deciding if we are going to move to second location permanently. The wife has agreed to the Multiple Tank System I would like to install in potential new house. Doing some thinking and planning on how this setup/move will go.

That’s a tough one. I hope it works out and goes smoothly. 

I am planning on helping make this years expo a huge hit!

As far as the tank goes, I think it will mostly be growing out. I would like to upgrade the skimmer and possibly invest in a Radion or two. I have plans to build a 72x30x24 or 72x30x30 with a 100 gallon Rubbermaid sump and 48x24x14 frag tank (looking at maybe a ply build just for fun). The build depends on what happens this next year with housing. We might remodel our current house or uproot and move all together. Just waiting to see what the next few months bring, and then we will make a decision. Either way I will be getting a fish room. 

28 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

I am planning on helping make this years expo a huge hit!

As far as the tank goes, I think it will mostly be growing out. I would like to upgrade the skimmer and possibly invest in a Radion or two. I have plans to build a 72x30x24 or 72x30x30 with a 100 gallon Rubbermaid sump and 48x24x14 frag tank (looking at maybe a ply build just for fun). The build depends on what happens this next year with housing. We might remodel our current house or uproot and move all together. Just waiting to see what the next few months bring, and then we will make a decision. Either way I will be getting a fish room. 

Moving to Northwest Ohio right lol?