let me see your water storage set up

APrince62

So hubbys  setting up RODI system with  35 gallon water storage tank and im trying to decide where to go from there....do I get a 20 gallon container to mix saltwater??? Do I just work out of my 5 gallon buckets??? Show and explain how you have yours set up so I can give my hubby some ideas. This is for a 75G aquarium

I’d have to do some digging for a pic of my old set up. Now I just order my water from Amazon. 

Personally i I think it’s best to have some water made up. Back in the day I used to like to have half my water volume made up and ready to go, in case of emergencies. 

3 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Here is a thread in mine.  I still don't have the automation done to my RODI but this has worked well for me.

http://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5792-muttley000-water-mixing-and-storage-system/&

thanks for sharing  but I think im a few years away from something like that LOL

10 hours ago, Joe said:

I’d have to do some digging for a pic of my old set up. Now I just order my water from Amazon. 

Personally i I think it’s best to have some water made up. Back in the day I used to like to have half my water volume made up and ready to go, in case of emergencies. 

ok so if I get a 20 gallon container and keep it full of mixed salt water.....how long is it good for?

33 minutes ago, APrince62 said:

ok so if I get a 20 gallon container and keep it full of mixed salt water.....how long is it good for?

It should be good for a long time. If you are doing regular water changes, I would think you would go through 20 gallons way before you ever had to worry about the water going bad ( if it really even goes bad). 

5 hours ago, APrince62 said:

It will be good indefinitely. I always kept a heater and powerhead in the mixing container. 

• 2 weeks later...