TRITON: Take the mystery out of reef keeping

MarineDepot

23 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Interested in learning more about this product, any place you would recommend me reading or watching to get the full scoop?

We have 2 videos in the works that are specific to TRITON which we will release in the weeks ahead.

We actually tried their services and wrote about them even before we started carrying their stuff. You can check out that article (and short related video) here:

https://blog.marinedepot.com/2018/10/mail-in-and-icp-oes-aquarium-water-testing-which-service-is-right-for-you.html

Their website is actually a pretty fantastic resource. Here are some areas I recommend reading:

I’m kind of frustrated with ATI over the essentials 3 part being obsoleted so quickly. I added a Dos to my apex for the third bottle dang it!  I was able to find three 10 liter kits of the old essentials from a fellow reefer so I am good for a while as I'm only up to 55 ml per day, but want to prep for the next step  

On 1/16/2019 at 1:56 PM, crimsonvice said:

How does Triton compare to ESV? 

Hello @crimsonvice!

It is tough to compare apples to apples just because Triton is very specific to the "Triton Method" with many different products for different situations. 

If we were to look at the ESV B-Ionic 2 Part Solution vs Triton Base Elements, you can makes some conclusions. Triton is certainly more complicated to administer with x4 components to dilute and dose, ESV only has the two parts. Both claim to include all major, minor and trace elements in ionic-balance like you would find in natural seawater. Both are designed to maintain your levels and not necessarily adjust them, this means you should go into the dosing regime with properly balanced levels for the best results.  Cost wise, I cannot be exactly sure but based on the amount of solution you get with Triton and the recommended dosage amounts, I imagine it is a bit more concentrated and will cost a little less to maintain your levels.  

Feel free to reply on here directly with any more questions and I certainly would be interested in what others have to say.  I have been using ESV for years and only have minimal experience with Triton, certainly not enough to make a strong opinion.

-Robert @ MD

On January 16, 2019 at 12:03 PM, MarineDepot said:

We have 2 videos in the works that are specific to TRITON which we will release in the weeks ahead.

We actually tried their services and wrote about them even before we started carrying their stuff. You can check out that article (and short related video) here:

https://blog.marinedepot.com/2018/10/mail-in-and-icp-oes-aquarium-water-testing-which-service-is-right-for-you.html

Their website is actually a pretty fantastic resource. Here are some areas I recommend reading:

Got through the links and am intrigued!  Looking forward to the videos!

56 minutes ago, Robert @ MD said:

Hello @crimsonvice!

It is tough to compare apples to apples just because Triton is very specific to the "Triton Method" with many different products for different situations. 

If we were to look at the ESV B-Ionic 2 Part Solution vs Triton Base Elements, you can makes some conclusions. Triton is certainly more complicated to administer with x4 components to dilute and dose, ESV only has the two parts. Both claim to include all major, minor and trace elements in ionic-balance like you would find in natural seawater. Both are designed to maintain your levels and not necessarily adjust them, this means you should go into the dosing regime with properly balanced levels for the best results.  Cost wise, I cannot be exactly sure but based on the amount of solution you get with Triton and the recommended dosage amounts, I imagine it is a bit more concentrated and will cost a little less to maintain your levels.  

Feel free to reply on here directly with any more questions and I certainly would be interested in what others have to say.  I have been using ESV for years and only have minimal experience with Triton, certainly not enough to make a strong opinion.

-Robert @ MD

Thanks for the response! I have been looking at different dosing options because I am pretty much going threw a jug of ESV in less than a month. I have the GHL doser 2, so having the 4 components isnt an issue. I am gonna look more into it and might make the switch.