Ideas on how to promote BR?

Craig

You can show you’re going to the expo on Facebook and share it to all groups.

https://www.facebook.com/events/474020369671739/

Everyone can bump these threads with excitement.

http://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10520-2019-expo-posting-on-other-club-forums/

You can register at ReefTrader and show you’re going to the Expo. 

http://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10524-2019-reeftrader-livestock-and-equipment-salestrades/

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Need some opinions on how to promote the site and get people active. Anyone have any ideas? We already have ads in basically all the saltwater stores in Toledo and posters coming soon I believe. Just trying to get more traffic to the site ! Let’s hear some ideas! 

Posting on the forum!  People come here to read them and add their thoughts to them. My opinion is posting and responding here is huge. We have 2521 members. New members are great and needed , but If we could get a higher percentage of the members we have on regularly we would be super busy. 

1 minute ago, Muttley000 said:

Posting on the forum!  People come here to read them and add their thoughts to them. My opinion is posting and responding here is huge. We have 2521 members. New members are great and needed , but If we could get a higher percentage of the members we have on regularly we would be super busy. 

Bingo! Great post. 

I’m not even on R2R have met some good guys on here . I am on some Facebook pages but it’s mostly seeing others pics. A lot of bad advice and anger issues to people just looking for help. The dilemma we have is growing the group activity but not the trouble that can come with it

6 minutes ago, ErickS said:

I’m not even on R2R have met some good guys on here . I am on some Facebook pages but it’s mostly seeing others pics. A lot of bad advice and anger issues to people just looking for help. The dilemma we have is growing the group activity but not the trouble that can come with it

Valid concern. R2R is experiencing this as more of the same old too cool for the room people that ruined Reef central migrate over. 

Facebook is not a searchable database, I can’t comprehend why people flock there instead of forums. None of that info is there for the beverage person to find later which is why forums are so much better. 

I’ll throw another idea out there, personal invitations are where it’s at on getting new members here. If all the active members would just bring 1 person it would be huge. 

2 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Valid concern. R2R is experiencing this as more of the same old too cool for the room people that ruined Reef central migrate over. 

Facebook is not a searchable database, I can’t comprehend why people flock there instead of forums. None of that info is there for the beverage person to find later which is why forums are so much better. 

I’ll throw another idea out there, personal invitations are where it’s at on getting new members here. If all the active members would just bring 1 person it would be huge. 

Are you sending PMs to invite people, or how are you inviting? 

2 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I mentioned to a guy on Facebook that I talk to frequently about our group . I always come here to search threads or do my own online research when in need. This group has definitely made my saltwater experience more enjoyable.

31 minutes ago, ErickS said:

I mentioned to a guy on Facebook that I talk to frequently about our group . I always come here to search threads or do my own online research when in need. This group has definitely made my saltwater experience more enjoyable.

I agree. This has been the best group I have seen. Occasionally, there will be an odd ball here and there, but for the most part everyone is super helpful! 

55 minutes ago, ErickS said:

That's a great way!  For the record you have made the group better also.  We just all need to participate, the rest will come!

Hey! This is my first time posting on this forum (as you can probably tell by how many posts I've made below my name). I've recently joined R2R as well. @Muttley000 sent me an invite from R2R, and now I'm here. I'm also new to forums altogether and wasn't sure where to post my question. How am I able to contribute to the forum? I don't want to be the guy that asks a bunch of repeated questions.

Just now, desagon said:

Hey! This is my first time posting on this forum (as you can probably tell by how many posts I've made below my name). I've recently joined R2R as well. @Muttley000 sent me an invite from R2R, and now I'm here. I'm also new to forums altogether and wasn't sure where to post my question. How am I able to contribute to the forum? I don't want to be the guy that asks a bunch of repeated questions.

Welcome and thanks for joining!  You are contributing just by posting, and asking questions is awesome, because an amazing amount of people are afraid to ask and only learn by reading!

13 hours ago, desagon said:

Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask, ever. Sometimes even the so called "easy" stuff of keeping a reef can be complicated. Everyone here is very helpful, and will never hate on you for asking a question.