Jesse

Pick my anemone for me

2 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

I need a lemon drop in my life @Muttley000  wonder if they are as “difficult to keep as csb”

Finding one is more difficult than keeping them. They are particular as the favor colder temperatures. 

3 hours ago, NoWaiAma said:

If you’re Dayton area I could put you in touch with someone that has rbtas widows and other off shoots ?

I'm in Bowling Green and plan on finding something at the Expo but thank you.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, NoWaiAma said:

I need a lemon drop in my life @Muttley000  wonder if they are as “difficult to keep as csb”

Feel like I've seen several claims that lemon drops are actually "yellow phase" csbs, and have seen pics of 4 or so different colored clones all allegedly from the same mother all sitting right next to each other.  Weird stuff.

Edited by Dr.Fraggenstien

10 minutes ago, Dr.Fraggenstien said:

Feel like I've seen several claims that lemon drops are actually "yellow phase" csbs, and have seen pics of 4 or so different colored clones all allegedly from the same mother all sitting right next to each other.  Weird stuff.

@Joe searched everywhere trying to find a true lemon drop and is convinced they aren't real.

3 hours ago, cptnspanky said:

Im more and more convinced that the colors are fluid, and other nearby anemones influence each others colors.

What’s this? Like they vi for the attention of a host with their colors? 

I read an interesting thread or article about donating color to a bleached nem via snipping a tentacle off a healthy colored anemone and placing it into the bleached nem.  Interestingly even if the donation was from a different color nem once the bleached nem recovered it always came back to the original color reguardless of what color symbiotic algae was donated.  This was far from a scientific study but anectdotally interesting.  This would make the case for the nem to be able to control its color genetically or chemically.  Maybe changing conditions could cause a chemical change, or chemical warfare we know occurs between nems sometimes could trigger a color change??  Kind of reiterates how little we actually know about all this stuff!

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I read an interesting thread or article about donating color to a bleached nem via snipping a tentacle off a healthy colored anemone and placing it into the bleached nem.  Interestingly even if the donation was from a different color nem once the bleached nem recovered it always came back to the original color reguardless of what color symbiotic algae was donated.  This was far from a scientific study but anectdotally interesting.  This would make the case for the nem to be able to control its color genetically or chemically.  Maybe changing conditions could cause a chemical change, or chemical warfare we know occurs between nems sometimes could trigger a color change??  Kind of reiterates how little we actually know about all this stuff!

This is interesting. I hope to find the time to dig deeper someday.