Keithw283

Keith's 180G.

Not sure how these pictures are going to show up so bare with me here. The first 3 are just of my stand. You can see the sump I was planning on using was almost as tall as the stand so I put a 2x12 base underneath it so I could still use that tank for the sump. In the very top of the 5th picture you can see a couple 2x4s in the corners. I have a 1x4 behind that too so each corner has some extra support. I also ran a 1x4 across the back of the tank for more support there too. Moral of the story is never buy a stand and just build one yourself. Much cheaper and sturdier. The next picture is my equipment plus I have 3 radion xr30 gen 4 pro. Then I have the tank sitting on the stand and I started filling with ro water earlier today. After work tomorrow I'm going to put my protein skimmer in the sump and finish running the couple PVC pipes I need to. I used all 4 holes as drains and have 2 returns going in overtop the tank in the back. I have had my rock curing in a rubbermaid store from my 90g for about 2 weeks now. Will add them to the tank once it's full and I still need to buy more. 

20190129_151232.jpg

20190129_153637.jpg

20190129_162156.jpg

20190129_170736.jpg

20190201_112935.jpg

20190205_155015.jpg

20190207_084910.jpg

20190210_124702.jpg

11 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Pics came out fine!  Glad you are putting a build thread together, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will enjoy watching!

This is as far as I've gotten in about 6 hours with filling the tank. Cant wait to be done so I can clean the living room lol

20190210_192154.jpg

13 minutes ago, Keithw283 said:

For my return I put a T on it and have one going to each corner. How is it working for you?

I have mine on a T also but both going same way. If I had it to do again I would have gone to each corner like you did. As far as the 4 drains I’m very happy I went that way. It gives me options for gravity feeding equipment. One is an emergency overflow one goes to a wet dry one goes to an Algea scrubber the other a filter sock. 

Mixed my salt to 1.025 last night and the water was obviously a little cloudy. Came home to crystal clear water this morning (I work nights) and still 1.025 after it cleared up. Had my sand with me and dumped it in. First time using dry sand and I didnt rinse it. Oh well just gotta wait a little longer for it to settle. Hopefully we make some decent progress by the time I wake up.

20190214_093023.jpg

It's going slow but it is going. Unfortunately, I can't get a good picture with the lights on with my phone. The water is cloudy because I mixed the sand a bit trying to even it out but you can see about halfway through in person. You can actually see the rocks I have in there. This is the first time I've had my return pump on, my drains draining and the first time I've hooked up my skimmer. up until today there wasn't any water in the overflows at all. my drains are loud as hell. I have a herbie setup with my plumbing. A 3/4" and 1" pipe in each overflow as a drain. The 3/4" pipe is about 1/2" below the water level while the 1" is currently above the water level. Should I raise the water level to the 1" pipe? Will that quiet it down?

20190219_113528.jpg