Keithw283

I need some dry rock. Also, mystery coral?

I'm looking for a good amount of rock if anyone has extra they are willing to sell. preferably near northeast Ohio but willing to drive if the price is right. 

Was also wondering if anyone has ever done the mystery coral on salt critters. I am pretty intrigued by it and was just wondering what others experiences are with it.

3 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I've never purchased from salt critters, but if you pull the trigger get us a full report!

I will end up pulling the trigger once I start stocking the tank. "Spend $30 and you could receive one Super Nice coral or a few nice corals."
There is a direct quote from the site so I might do that just to see what I get. the reviews on the mystery coral are pretty nice too. Even though there are only like 6 of them. I'll let you guys know in about 4-6 weeks once I start stocking my tank

Its always fun to get a mystery box. Let us know how it goes. 

It is not super local, but there is a place called Salty Critter in Vermilion, Ohio (different company than SaltycritterS.com). They have an excellent selection of dry and live rock, and prices are reasonable. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, Keithw283 said:

I think vermillion is about an hour from me. My LFS is 35 minutes so not too much of a difference. I'll check them out. 

Its a great store for sure! Every time I go up north, I try and stop in. 

Here is a post I made on the store a while ago. 

Looks like a nice place. I went to 3 stores about me yesterday lol. One of them was awful. The guy was rude, their rock looked like concrete slabs and the tanks were pretty disgusting. The other was my normal store but they are in the process of moving so I got 35 pounds of dry and 7 of live just to help seed it a bit. The last one was in Macedonia. It looked like a nice store and I'll be going back there for sure. Cant remember the name of it. Did not buy any rock because I got caught up looking at everything and I got my heater because I still didn't have that. Salt comes in the mail today and sand tomorrow.