Who uses GFO?

Jesse

13 hours ago, mchute85 said:

I just started add it last night so we will see how it goes.  My phosphates have been running around .25, but that is according to an API test kit which is tough to read.  Any recommendations on a new test kit?

I will second @Muttley000. I like the Hanna Checkers. I've found them to be accurate and repeatable.

17 hours ago, mchute85 said:

I just started add it last night so we will see how it goes.  My phosphates have been running around .25, but that is according to an API test kit which is tough to read.  Any recommendations on a new test kit?

The Hanna phosphate was a game changer for me.

love the hanna phosphorus ULR checker but i need another culvet to make it work the best, only have one so who knows if the powder dissolves all the way.

I have used GFO and need to again as my po4 is .25 currently it was .06 for the longest time and i was happy with that. 

• 3 weeks later...

My cheato is growing so good my ATS isn’t producing at all. I’m thinking about taking it offline as it has more coralline than green algae on it now!  I’ve never been much of a GFO user, now the system is so big that I would just use lanthanum if I ever ran into an issue again.