Jesse

Who uses GFO?

I have a reactor  with GFO going that has been a life saver. I wasn't testing for Phosphate when first getting the tank set up. Once I did it was a problem. I have cut my PO4 in half, using GFO over the past couple months. 

I just started add it last night so we will see how it goes.  My phosphates have been running around .25, but that is according to an API test kit which is tough to read.  Any recommendations on a new test kit?

I have started running an algae scrubber to help with phosphate. I haven't tested recently but I know I'm growing algae rather quickly so it must be working :P

13 hours ago, mchute85 said:

I just started add it last night so we will see how it goes.  My phosphates have been running around .25, but that is according to an API test kit which is tough to read.  Any recommendations on a new test kit?

I will second @Muttley000. I like the Hanna Checkers. I've found them to be accurate and repeatable.

17 hours ago, mchute85 said:

The Hanna phosphate was a game changer for me.

love the hanna phosphorus ULR checker but i need another culvet to make it work the best, only have one so who knows if the powder dissolves all the way.

I have used GFO and need to again as my po4 is .25 currently it was .06 for the longest time and i was happy with that.