APrince62

New fish

So I went out in search of a Coral Beauty today and couldn't find one but instead came home with the cutest little scooter blenny....the damsels seem to be mostly ignoring him...its just so cute the way he scoots over the sand

scooter.jpg

Cool fish, but I hope the store told you usually very tough to feed.  His belly looks a little sunk in on your pic, if so that is a bad sign.  If you can't find any at the swap tomorrow I would hit up our new sponsor for a couple bottles of pods, you will need them!  He is going to want to be picking pods off the rocks all day,,amd it takes tons of them to keep him fed!

On 2/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, Muttley000 said:

Cool fish, but I hope the store told you usually very tough to feed.  His belly looks a little sunk in on your pic, if so that is a bad sign.  If you can't find any at the swap tomorrow I would hit up our new sponsor for a couple bottles of pods, you will need them!  He is going to want to be picking pods off the rocks all day,,amd it takes tons of them to keep him fed!

Somehow I missed this response.... of course they didn’t tell me ....But I’ve been watching him pretty close after feeding and I do see him picking up and eating food pieces....but I have no clue if it’s enough. So you think I should get pods?

37 minutes ago, APrince62 said:

Somehow I missed this response.... of course they didn’t tell me ....But I’ve been watching him pretty close after feeding and I do see him picking up and eating food pieces....but I have no clue if it’s enough. So you think I should get pods?

That is a tremendously good sign, but I would still get the pods. He needs to eat all day long.

22 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

That is a tremendously good sign, but I would still get the pods. He needs to eat all day long.

does it matter that im running a sump free pump with a protein skimmer? Can I still do pods?

1 hour ago, APrince62 said:

does it matter that im running a sump free pump with a protein skimmer? Can I still do pods?

I’m not sure what you mean by sump free pump but I can’t think of any situation adding pods would be a bad thing

Just checking in with an update. Made a trip to 2 LFS today and only came home with 2 snails, a nacirrius and a tiger conch....he’s fun to watch. I went looking for a yellow watchman goby and/or a Coral Beauty. Neither store had either one.....so I will go check again in 2 weeks. But before that is the expo!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! There I will hopefully find a relatively cheap torch and/or hammer and a few zoas. My frag from LEAR seems to be ok ....I just can’t get it to open. Of coarse I did have my lights off for 4 days to try and kill off the brown algae invasion. Loving my scooter blenny.....he seems to be eating well. My cleaner shrimp has molted again.....that’s third time in just over a month.....hope that means he’s growing and healthy. And my 3 bratty damsels are doing just fine also. While I probably shouldn’t have got them they do add nice color to my tank and I’m happy with that for now.

Great to hear!  Is you scooter eating frozen foods for you?  Most LFS can order those two fish in for you just about any time of year if you want.  Or if you contacted Dustin at Labo!s Aquatic's on Facebook he may still be able to get them and bring them to the expo with him for you.

ps, where's the pictures lol

3 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Great to hear!  Is you scooter eating frozen foods for you?  Most LFS can order those two fish in for you just about any time of year if you want.  Or if you contacted Dustin at Labo!s Aquatic's on Facebook he may still be able to get them and bring them to the expo with him for you.

ps, where's the pictures lol

Yes my scooter is eating frozen food ...I turn off my water mover for about 10 minutes when I feed to make sure some hits bottom....watch him get 3 or 4 bites then turn  it back on ...he will still grab bites as they move past him so hes doing good. Sorry heres some pics....Nothing special like all you guys  but I like my little piece of the ocean  :) and both stores  were putting an order in for next week including the fish I wanted 

DT 3-9.jpg

n snail.jpg

scooter 3 9.jpg

shrimpey.jpg

tiger conch.jpg

unopened zoa 3-9.jpg

Edited by APrince62