What is DBTC or Don't Break the Chain?

Muttley000

I realized today that a search for DBTC doesn't show a good explanation of the program unless you are already a supporter so I thought I would put one together.  It is, in my opinion, the biggest potential benefit of upping your membership level and well worth the $20!  How it works is you create a thread in the DBTC section of the supporter only forum stating you have a frag avaliable.  Someone will ask to accept the frag and put it in their system to hopefully grow out and be able to frag again.
DBTC accomplishes a couple of things.  First it can be an insurance policy against a problem.  We all know how delicate our systems can be, and if you loose a piece, it is available to be replaced without having to buy it again!  Second it is a great opportunity to be on both the giving and receiving end of coral sharing.  I have pasted the current official rules below, and hope to see more people taking advantage!

Rules :
* You must be a BR Supporting Member to participate.
* One frag per 90 days.
* You can only take 3 frags without giving one back. This includes paying it forward, or starting a new DBTC thread with a new coral.
* It is on you to pickup DBTC piece. If shipping is needed you must pay for shipping.
* Said frag can't be sold once you accept it. If you decide to get rid of it you must give it back.
* Progress photos and updates are encouraged
* If the original donator loses their coral you must give them back the frag or replace it with one of equal size.
* Once your frag is able to be fragged you should pay it forward to another person
Thread Rules:
* Each coral strain gets its own thread
* Requests for recipients will be accepted in thread
* The following should be posted with the thread
1. Coral Name
2. Length of time you've had the coral
3. Par
4. Flow
5. Temp
Rules are subject to change at anytime. You can be banned from DBTC for any reason as well. This is totally based on an honor system and abuse will not be tolerated.

Corals Currently in DBTC

WWC Carribean Blues
WWC - Wannabe RPE
Live Aquaria Green SPS
Cornbread Rainbow Infusion Paly
WWC Bam Bam Zoa
WWC Candy Apple Greens 
DBTC - Walt Disney
WWC Blue Eyed Girls
Miyagi Tort
ORA Birdsnest Coral
Birds of Paradise
Fire and Ice Zoanthid
WWC Halle Berry Zoa

• Joe pinned this topic

Corals Currently in DBTC

WWC Carribean Blues
WWC - Wannabe RPE
Live Aquaria Green SPS
Cornbread Rainbow Infusion Paly
WWC Bam Bam Zoa
WWC Candy Apple Greens 
DBTC - Walt Disney
WWC Blue Eyed Girls
Miyagi Tort
ORA Birdsnest Coral
Birds of Paradise
Fire and Ice Zoanthid
WWC Halle Berry Zoa

• Jesse unpinned this topic
  • Jesse unfeatured this topic
3 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

What’s the hold up man?  Just kidding but we will be glad to have you!

PayPal keeps telling me my info isn't valid after I literally went through everything. I tried to put money on it and says my card/bank info is invalid...it's bugging the crap out of me so I might just make a new one