New

Jon Fishman

Yep,  I am new.....   I was drudged up from R2R, and then a google search also found someone here selling a 75G with sump that I had my eye on,  but I don't have "permission" to view the Marketplace forum.....  so I am loitering now!

Live in Cleveland,  just starting out in the hobby.....  and quickly learning it will suck you in.

5 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

Yep,  I am new.....   I was drudged up from R2R, and then a google search also found someone here selling a 75G with sump that I had my eye on,  but I don't have "permission" to view the Marketplace forum.....  so I am loitering now!

Live in Cleveland,  just starting out in the hobby.....  and quickly learning it will suck you in.

Welcome to BuckeyeReef!  I don't know who would try to bring people here from R2R lol, but glad you decided to join!  Several recent members here are from your area.  Don't be shy and look forward to seeing whatever you put together come to life!

9 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

I am from cleveland too and just joined this site!  If you need anything let me know I have been doing this for a couple years so I have a lot of "dont do that" stories.  Also there is a Cleveland specific forum as well.  Its good to belong to both then you cover all over northern ohio ha!

My tank is barely broken in,  but I really want that  "Sleek/Modern" look......   

Is this a good deal?   I feel like this is a beautiful setup,  and although I have been eyeing stuff up to 125g or so....  I feel like I would be happy with this long-term....

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/d/grand-river-58-gallon-aquarium-tank/6830004399.html

42 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

My tank is barely broken in,  but I really want that  "Sleek/Modern" look......   

Is this a good deal?   I feel like this is a beautiful setup,  and although I have been eyeing stuff up to 125g or so....  I feel like I would be happy with this long-term....

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/d/grand-river-58-gallon-aquarium-tank/6830004399.html

A good deal is all in the eye of the buyer. Here are my thoughts...

Tank looks good, but first picture has pvc in the middle of the tank. What is that? Support for rock work, or is it a closed loop setup? If closed loop, do you want that? 

Light fixture is a beast and worth the money. 

Heater - toss it and buy a new one. 

Return - no name listed. Maybe... Idk... Return is pretty much the life of the tank. I would almost want a new pump, but that's just me. 

Skimmer - I have never used a Coral life skimmer, but a skimmer is a skimmer. It should clear out gunk. 

Powerheads--he doesn't list any for sale, but Mps are pictured. You will probably need one or two. Keep this in mind for your budget. 

Hope this helps some. 

I have 2 new powerheads,   new LED lights, etc....   zooming in,  it looks like the PVC was used to make ledges for the coral.... looks like the guy was trying to grow every type of coral under the sun    (if I had to guess his tank crashed and he lost it all,  but who knows)

So,  to-do list,  would be to ask what type of return?

I agree with Brandon worth is a hard thing to define.  I had a coralife  skimmer once, it was junk.  Nice light fixture, count on the bulbs needing replaced.  That appears to be a glass holes 1500 GPH overflow kit.  So if I were buying this and had LEDs lined up for the set up I would be asking myself what is the tank worth to me, and what can I sell the light fixture for.  I would assume everything else is junk and go from there.  If the livestock all comes with it it looks like you could end up with a good deal.