Angelfish in reef tank

Keithw283

I asked a similar question in my build thread but that was about a specific Angelfish and this one is just more in general. I was just curious about everyone's experiences with Angelfish, whether it be the dwarf or large angelfish in their reef tanks. Success stories, them nipping at your corals and what angelfish you had. I saw a few really good looking angelfish at the store the other day and was seriously interested in them. Is there a general consensus on this or is it each individual fish and aquarist? I've seen mixed reviews on this and was just curious on what you guys thought/experienced.

While it seems some species are more likely to nip than others, I think you are right that it depends on the individual. There are members here with angels that are suspected nippers succesfully. I think all you can do is make a pick based on what you research, but be ready to remove if you need to.  I have an Eibli Angel that didn't work out for someone else in one of my tanks.  There are only a few frags in that tank that he leaves alone which leads me to think that the set up of the tank, the mix of corals present, and what/when you feed could have as much to do with it than anything.