Tank help in Dayton

I have a 57 Gal corner tank in my office that has been taken over by aptasia. I have tried about everything, shrimp, joes juice, file fish, it is just too big and too much I think.  Anyone in the area able to take a look at it and see what my options are before I just tear it down? Its been up for almost 8 years.

1 hour ago, k9gunner said:

Just 2 clowns, and a small tang.  I was told the problem is too much for a nudi, as they are small, and this is Manjo aptasia, that they generally like the smaller?  Pepperment didnt touch it.

Have any pics? Is taking care of a few rocks at a time to get rid of the big guys, knock down the population, and not kill your whole biological filter at once, an option?  

I had someone knock out almost off of them and they came back worse. At this point id like someone who knows what they are doing to come in and just fix it, or I will have to tear it all down. I hate to do that, been in the hobby 20 years, but I have ran out of time and ideas at this point. 

5 hours ago, k9gunner said:

I have a 57 Gal corner tank in my office that has been taken over by aptasia. I have tried about everything, shrimp, joes juice, file fish, it is just too big and too much I think.  Anyone in the area able to take a look at it and see what my options are before I just tear it down? Its been up for almost 8 years.

im sure @crimsonvice will tell you that burghia nudies are probably the most effective solution. the only problem is, they will eat every aptasia in your tank and then die. Maybe find someone else with a similar problem and pass them along? 

How does the majano wand work? I know we have one as a club tool but I've never had to use it.

I was thinking about getting one of these for a club tool. I've seen one first hand and you can hear it cook the aiptasia. @cptnspanky has it on loan from a friend right now.

http://www.sygmall.com/en/9020124-laser-pointer-pen/34513-2w-super-power-gatlin-blue-light-laser-pen-laser-pointer-with-starry-sky-projection-017.html

Yeah if it is just aptasia, the nudies work wonders! I bought six and it took about two to three weeks, and I am aptasia free. After the initial addition I never saw them again, but they totally ate every aptasia in my system. I had some pretty large ones as well, so I don't think size is really an issue. 

If it is truly majano's then the majano wand might be the best option. The club has one that you can use for supporting members. 

+1 on some pics to see what we are dealing with.
Majano's and aptasia require different approaches, so looking to clarify which one you are dealing with.

If majanos are your issue, you could always try a bicolor angel. Ive read a lot of people having success with them. Downside is they arent exactly reef safe, and may need an exit plan once the problem is solved

As for aptasia, peppermint shrimp dont always go for them. Ive gone through 3 or 4 shrimp before i got one that would eat them.
The laser seems to work, but they keep coming back so it requires multiple zaps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Yeah if it is just aptasia, the nudies work wonders! I bought six and it took about two to three weeks, and I am aptasia free. After the initial addition I never saw them again, but they totally ate every aptasia in my system. I had some pretty large ones as well, so I don't think size is really an issue. 

If it is truly majano's then the majano wand might be the best option. The club has one that you can use for supporting members. 

Thanks, I will sign up and give it a try, I think that is the best option, I have tried the rest.