Every see something new in your reef and nearly have a heart attack?

Pjkli

So I got up this am before my tank lights came on. Saw them pop on and this thing was moving fairly fast across the glass. Heart stopped until I saw it's mouth parts and did a quick googling. Free piggyback cowrie. And he's big as well. Must have went through my cycle and the two hours my rock wasn't in water.

My gf giggles when I nerd out on this tank.900ae0a31dbdf79d6bcf6745a665b773.jpg04ab50e7f3d5ff721b617616196aa7c3.jpg968f5d9695b3f23ab6bae0a5b504d444.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A good thing!  If you see puffs of smoke coming out of your rock it’s probably these guys. Hitch hikers are my favorite part of the hobby
I absolutely agree. I have a few different types of feather dusters as well as a Kenya tree that all came along with them. I hear a snap sound occasionally as well so I'm assuming there's a shrimp in there. I don't think it's a Mantis as it's not super loud. But it's there for sure.

Also, I've seen white bristle worms which I take as a good sign, but I have seen one of the orangish red bristles as well. Is this a huge issue? Can I wait for them to get bigger to get them out?

23 hours ago, Pjkli said:

I absolutely agree. I have a few different types of feather dusters as well as a Kenya tree that all came along with them. I hear a snap sound occasionally as well so I'm assuming there's a shrimp in there. I don't think it's a Mantis as it's not super loud. But it's there for sure.

Also, I've seen white bristle worms which I take as a good sign, but I have seen one of the orangish red bristles as well. Is this a huge issue? Can I wait for them to get bigger to get them out?

I love nerding out about the hobby. My friends think I am a dork, but its all good. My brother and sister-in-law came with us to the expo over the weekend, and guess who is starting to nerd out now. They have been looking into tanks and stuff. LOL

I do not find bristle worms to be a big issue. Some people think so, but it is just a nice addition to your CUC.