• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jumping back in the water.

Fishoutofwater

Well I dug out the old beast from under a stack of things. Gonna have to do a fill test to make sure she’s still sea worthy. If not I’m gonna have to shop around for something. I have a lot of space to use I’ve included the only picture I have of the room empty, I was still rebuilding at the time. The max footprint I can encompass is 6’x16’ and the ceiling is just under 8’. The total room size is around 13’x21 in that area but I’m not going to move the tv I have mounted on the one wall and would like to be able to have a large pass through to get to my theater room.  Such limitations on size I know lol. I have to go digging around in the shed to see what equipment I have left it’s not much. I do have my halides but no reflectors, my icecap 660 ,and I had my old tunze comline skimmer, and my Nano streams those where all tucked into the stand so I’m gonna have to do some major shopping. Pretty much starting anew. My plan is to use my 75 as a show type tank for colony grow out and use a 100 gallon Rubbermaid sump. I’m also looking to tie in a raceway type of frag tank. I’ve been searching around for different types of tubs or acrylic even fiberglass type of trays.  But financially because I’m almost starting over that may have to wait because equipment costs are going to be killer. That’s it for now have to start cleaning and moving things so I can finish painting the ceiling and change out the light fixtures. 

11F2D220-28FE-4F4C-8065-74536784CE23.jpeg

C5E5F917-A99D-490D-AF34-4555D53449F4.jpeg

Edited by Fishoutofwater
Didn’t proofread

@Jesse I thought I read before that you are running a Jebao pump what model and size if you don’t mind me asking? Do you like it? I’m liking the prices and slow ramp up. That and it would be a lot quieter and less power hungry than my mag pump. The feed button would be great as well. With technology now I don’t have to turn off surge protectors to control pumps for feeding like I did for years. 

So was going round and round about what size of tank I want to get because my 75 has been empty to long. So I’ve decided that I’m ordering a 180g aqueon with corner overflows. I’ll be Putting the order in tomorrow or Tuesday. I did get my subpanel in though so once I get the tank and get the stand built I can just tie conduit on and run where I want my outlets. I have 2 15amp breakers in the sub panel and I ran 2 outlets off one side so far so I have power to my stereo and tv that are by it. So that leaves me with 10 outlets of capability left, plus the 2 already on that wall so I’ll have all the power I could ever need. 

65DF919C-3B9A-41BE-AB5F-C53D7B72D2FF.jpeg

Believe I can park an RV on it. What does everyone think. Anything look like it’s not right?  My laser says it’s level, but I also used a standard bubble level in case anyone wondered. I wanted an open center on the front so it’s a double 2x6 across the front.

3FF93B6C-94BB-445C-B9C9-5C663BB1491D.jpeg

1D3B122C-664D-4F7D-B7D7-1F5CC1499016.jpeg

9AFC22A9-4BE7-44E7-99A5-4860E28B6C9F.jpeg

A960FFD5-399C-4455-B820-71E160604542.jpeg

Edited by Fishoutofwater

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Looks like it will take the weight.  I think Buk may be alluding to the same worry I have.  If you are not skinning some diagonal bracing on the back and one side (preferably both sides) would prevent racking.

Indeed

Yeah, my body got sore so I couldn’t do anymore. I have a small amount of deflection in it that comes out with weight. My joints get too sore if I do to much and I wanted to be able to actually move today.i have a bunch of concrete blocks to put on it then I can put diagonal braces in. I’m going to do a skin as well, but the front will be open.