Jesse

Chaeto giving thread

remember I have to out do a ton of radions lol

1 hour ago, hllywd said:

I think mine’s a little under 100. I was a little worried about heat since I have it siting on eggcrate over the sump. I think it’s on 12 hours too without looking. Growing this stuff like a boss!

Cheato during the cycle?

I have 80 lbs Live Dry, 40 lbs cured live , 30 lbs clean rock, 80 lbs of live sand in DT and 20 lbs of live sand in sump, 2 marine pure blocks and marine pure spheres. Ammonia is dropping with Nitrite's and Nitrate's sky high.

48 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Cheato during the cycle?

I have 80 lbs Live Dry, 40 lbs cured live , 30 lbs clean rock, 80 lbs of live sand in DT and 20 lbs of live sand in sump, 2 marine pure blocks and marine pure spheres. Ammonia is dropping with Nitrite's and Nitrate's sky high.

There is disagreement on that, and probably no absolutley right answer. I personally would add the cheato anytime after you have seen the nitrites begin to drop. 

The thought never crossed my mind. My stuff was long cycled by the time I added the chaeto this time and every time I can remember previously. I tend to agree with Muttley though, I don’t see what it should hurt.

Edited by hllywd

Does anyone near Lima have some to spare? I've had a lot of life happening the past year. My critters are all doing fine, but I got down in the sump to clear the intake for the protein skimmer and found the chaeto was the size of a walnut! 

4 hours ago, hllywd said:

I’ll have some to get rid of in Findlay the middle of next week. 

I wouldn't be able to make it out till the weekend, unless the wife is willing to make the drive.