Wes' 150

wspangler01

• 2 months later...

I've had some changes the last few months. Getting through issues I caused.

I bought the apex feeder and on the second time filling it I moved the tab that determines how much food it pours.... 24 hours later the feeder was empty. I fed a good months worth overnight. I haven't even hooked it back up yet. This was my fault and the feeder malfunctioning. I also nearly fried my tank when I dropped the water level in my sump. The temp sensor stayed out of water calling for the heater all night.

I did upgrade equipment and make a few changes to my sump. I lowered the water level from 13" down to 8" to make room for a bigger skimmer ( I can't put a larger skimmer on a stand). I redid my plumbing and installed a 7 filter sock holder. I bought the sro3000 skimmer. I finally got around to adding t5s in the canopy, and worked on my leds more. I can get them to turn on and off from my apex, but haven't spent much time on the programming.

I also sold my big bounce mushroom to a local vendor. It was my favorite piece, but I have a smaller one that will grow to take its place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank has been running pretty stable again for the last few months. I added an Achilles tang a few days ago. When I first got in the hobby I seen one and it was instantly my favorite. They seem to be one of the hardiest if not the hardiest tang to keep alive in the hobby. One of the LFS has had this guy since January. I figure it's finally my time to give it a try. He took to Larry's fish frenzy within hours of introduction to the tank. My purple tang has been a bully, but it seems to get better by the day. The first day he stayed to one side of the tank. The fish has been out and active eating multiple time a day.

20160513_110537_zps6lpcqkrh.jpg