Muttley000's 90 gallon on a Multi Tank System

Muttley000

• 2 weeks later...

A few additions to the tank. A half dozen nerites, a yellow tang, a convict tang (how long do you guys think I have before he outgrows the 4’ tank) and a cool purple rimmed orange plate coral. I had read up and new I was taking a risk on the two tangs together. After talking with Dustin about the fact I was adding them together at the same time I decided to try it. They swim side by side all over the tank right now. Her are a few pics 

A91C4BB7-F35E-4086-B39D-6CA0A243B41B.jpeg

C29EC52D-CB38-4EE5-A92F-12626607F143.jpeg

B591AA73-0671-4181-B0A3-EA645FE8D35C.jpeg

9 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

A few additions to the tank. A half dozen nerites, a yellow tang, a convict tang (how long do you guys think I have before he outgrows the 4’ tank) and a cool purple rimmed orange plate coral. I had read up and new I was taking a risk on the two tangs together. After talking with Dustin about the fact I was adding them together at the same time I decided to try it. They swim side by side all over the tank right now. Her are a few pics 

A91C4BB7-F35E-4086-B39D-6CA0A243B41B.jpeg

C29EC52D-CB38-4EE5-A92F-12626607F143.jpeg

B591AA73-0671-4181-B0A3-EA645FE8D35C.jpeg

My yellow and sailfin which were both like 2-3" when I got them are best buds. I'm starting to think maybe they ganged up and killed the powder brown that was bigger though because they are a little too smart. lol

24 minutes ago, Clint526 said:

My yellow and sailfin which were both like 2-3" when I got them are best buds. I'm starting to think maybe they ganged up and killed the powder brown that was bigger though because they are a little too smart. lol

How fast did they put inches on? 

• 2 weeks later...

Lost the convict tang. He was eating like a champ, literally out working the yellow tang for the dried seaweed I was giving them every day. Last night I came home to him swimming in circles and this morning he was gone. I know losses are part of the game but I’m pretty bummed out about it. I did add a frag if Kedds Reds that I will try to get a decent picture of

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Man I can't believe how long since I updated this!  Fish wise I have the yellow tang, a really nice yellow eyed Kole tang I got from @euphylin me at Aqurium Masterminds, and a Lunar Wrasse I picked up on Christmas Eve with a gift certificate I was given to Pampered Pets.  I had a ton off aggression problems when I first added the Kole, but eventually got past them by propping a mirror against the tank to keep the yellow busy fighting himself.  I now feel the Kole has the upper hand in that pecking order, but they both have to be quick to eat because the Lunar Wrasse is an animal!

Coral wise I still have the King Midas and Kedd's reds on a rock, but they haven't done much yet but maintain, I still have the plate coral, and a Favia chunk I added, as well as a mystery SPS, My Battlecorals frags I need to get mounted, some pink zoas I moved into the tank, and our last contest zoas that are still stuck at 9 heads.  I also have my red Goni in here, I'll try to get some coral pics at a later time.

Edited by Muttley000

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Man I can't believe how long since I updated this!  Fish wise I have the yellow tang, a really nice yellow eyed Kole tang I got from @euphylin me at Aqurium Masterminds, and a Lunar Wrasse I picked up on Christmas Eve with a gift certificate I was given to Pampered Pets.  I had a ton off aggression problems when I first added the Kole, but eventually got past them by propping a mirror against the tank to keep the yellow busy fighting himself.  I now feel the Kole has the upper hand in that pecking order, but they both have to be quick to eat because the Lunar Wrasse is an animal!

Coral wise I still have the King Midas and Kedd's reds on a rock, but they haven't done much yet but maintain, I still have the plate coral, and a Favia chunk I added, as well as a mystery SPS, My Battlecorals frags I need to get mounted, some pink zoas I moved into the tank, and our last contest zoas that are still stuck at 9 heads.  I also have my red Goni in here, I'll try to get some coral pics at a later time.

Nice! I'm glad to hear they are getting along alot better now! I finally added fish yesterday and they ate food literally an hour after I added them:D

On 1/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, Muttley000 said:

I like the mirror idea. I have not thought of that before, but I am glad it worked out. Have any issues with your Lunar picking off CUC? 

• 3 weeks later...