Replacing Frame on 125?

saltykid96

So as I'm nearing the end of getting everything ready for my build one of the last things I need to do is remove and replace the frame on my 125 gallon. Anybody have any secret tips or tricks to do this? The thing doesn't want to seam to budge at all as much as I cut at it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I'm replacing the frame because the previous owner had metal halides over it and didn't take care of it very well so 1 of the crossbar cessation is snapped in half and the other is about to snap also. I already have another frame ready to go but taking this one off is proving to be a pain in the butt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

when the molding is placed on the tank they fill the channel with silicon then press it on and clean off the extra I used a flat 2" putty knife and kept working it up under the corner till I got it to start coming up. but still was no easy job. And after getting 2/3rd around my tank I still managed to chip the top luckily the molding covered it do you all ready have a new one to put back on? when you do put a solid bead in the channel and then press it on all the way around you might want to put a mark on your tank how far down your old one goes to get an idea how far the new should go