saltykid96

125 and 150 Slow Build

So I figured I should start a build thread since everything is kinda coming together. As you may know the 125 is being drilled and I'm hoping to pick it up Friday night or sat morning. Last night I sanded the stand for the tanks for about an hour and a half added a little more wood fill and sanded after I got home from work today.b8979ab2f6ffd43fa3764915445868f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I then got the doors off and kind of cleaned up the entire room, and spent the past 2 hours staining the entire front of the stand. I got tired so I'm leaving the sides for tomorrow but it's looking pretty good so far and a second coat will really clean it all up.fa2b700b9c834947ceca34c6e2251fb9.jpg5842a330780280fe889af27f38f7437b.jpg

I thought about it but I figured it will all come out with some mineral salts. Most of it did.

Looks great. Can't wait to start mine

Wow. Your not messing around. You need an 8' tank on there.

I wish I had 1 huge tank going on it but at the moment I couldn't afford something that big so I have the 125 and a 150 that I found for $75 that I replaced the bottom on.

I wish I had 1 huge tank going on it but at the moment I couldn't afford something that big so I have the 125 and a 150 that I found for $75 that I replaced the bottom on.

Are you placing them tight side to side?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

0c9d65b22273b41591444a61d84e4e6f.jpg

Also just for anybody wondering what they might use. I ran out of my other wood filler so my dad grabbed some by 3M to fill the screw and nail holes. It DOES NOT stain very well as you can see in the picture. My dad wanted to resand over all of them and restain, and I said no way. We decided it gives it character and the second coat tonight should cover it better.

If the spots still show up, you can hide them. When you're ready for polyurethane, by mix a few drops of stin with a few drops of polyurethane, and then paint the spots with it. Use a qtip or a tiny artists brush and take your time.

Let it dry before you do your first coat of thane, and then just polyurethane it like normal, and the spots should pretty much disappear.

If the spots still show up, you can hide them. When you're ready for polyurethane, by mix a few drops of stin with a few drops of polyurethane, and then paint the spots with it. Use a qtip or a tiny artists brush and take your time.

Let it dry before you do your first coat of thane, and then just polyurethane it like normal, and the spots should pretty much disappear.

Thanks I'll have to try that