Muttley000

Muttley000 Yellow Sun Coral

This is my yellow sun coral I got from Dustin Labo a year ago.  It is double the size it was then.  It also had a hole of missing tissue in the center of the frag when I got it so I am happy that I was able to nurse it back to health.  I think frequent feeding is what has helped it so much.  It lives in my 270 gallon sump where it is easy for me to feed it and there is no competition for food, on top of a pile of live rock. I feed it every morning (which is lights out for this system) mysis or rod's original blend with a medicine dropper so I can get some to every polyp.  No purposeful light over the sump, but the room is lit by the tanks in the basement and it is a foot away from a baffle which has quite a bit of water flowing over it so it waves very gently with the current.  The polyps are resting on the surrounding rock so I am hoping it spreads into it.

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

These are awesome. Had some in my wife's tank and lost them. Would love to get some again 

Had been on my list of wants for a while was able to trade a couple frags for mine. Very happy with how it’s doing. 

Mine has been retracted for several months now.  I haven't lost any polyps but it is rare that I see the tentacles at all.  This occurred with supercharging my fuge light with the Kessil, so I have I moved it away from that area to see if I can spark a change.