Single coral group buy.

Karmann

Not sure if this was pitched before but what about 3 or 4 of us chip in an equal amount for that single expensive coral that we would love to have but can't get ourselves to pay the crazy price for it.

The most experienced of the group would receive the coral, if it is big enough to frag right away then it can be divided otherwise he/she would hold it until the time comes to frag it.

I am willing to chip in $150 or $200 for a wwc bounce.

I've done this with a few friends on larger colonys that we split immediately. I would be more reluctant to do it with something that needs grown out. It would be stressful to the person responsible for growing it out, and riskful to all evolved. Anything can happen. Many of the greats have fallen at some point. I only know a couple people I would trust in to do this.

14 hours ago, wspangler01 said:

I've done this with a few friends on larger colonys that we split immediately. I would be more reluctant to do it with something that needs grown out. It would be stressful to the person responsible for growing it out, and riskful to all evolved. Anything can happen. Many of the greats have fallen at some point. I only know a couple people I would trust in to do this.

Agreed, perhaps I thought it goes without saying but the group must accept the risk, nonetheless it is like everything else if you think benefits may outweigh the risk then why not, live dangerously my friend ;)  

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2016 at 0:58 PM, Karmann said:

Not sure if this was pitched before but what about 3 or 4 of us chip in an equal amount for that single expensive coral that we would love to have but can't get ourselves to pay the crazy price for it.

The most experienced of the group would receive the coral, if it is big enough to frag right away then it can be divided otherwise he/she would hold it until the time comes to frag it.

I am willing to chip in $150 or $200 for a wwc bounce. emoji16.png

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Bippys-bounce-Mushroom-WYSIWYG-F-A0619-Prodview.html

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.