Clint526

Hitchiker ID thread.

Have a hitchhiker that you need identified? Post it here, also try scrolling through to see if it's already been identified previously to save on time and clutter once the thread gets going. Also I would like anyone with hitchhiker pics with confirmed identities to post them with what they were found to be so people have a go to thread to reference before posting. Thanks all!

Majano nem, colors may vary. I have been doing a lot of research on these lately and IMO they aren't that bad to keep around if you like the color you have and if you keep them in check. I have two, and have no intention on eliminating them but I have aiptasia X ready to thin them out if needed. From what I have researched is that there are many varieties of them with no way for us to really tell if they are ok or bad. So I'd say it's a case by case basis. Most do stay small though from what I've seen. So I won't say good or bad on these, take how I feel or leave it. After all, your tank, your choice. lol

IMG_3185_(800x450)[1]%20anem.jpg

What is this? I was changing my aquascape and broke a rock in half. Found this worm like thing in the middle of the rock. Doesnt look like a bristle worm, almost looks like a worm you would find in the garden.
a5d86dbf2a3a8d7f55c617927b890497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

What is this? I was changing my aquascape and broke a rock in half. Found this worm like thing in the middle of the rock. Doesnt look like a bristle worm, almost looks like a worm you would find in the garden.
a5d86dbf2a3a8d7f55c617927b890497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say Peanut Worm (Sipunculid). 

They don't look like much, but they move around fairly deftly. They resemble aphids on a plant motoring around the crowns, stalks and rock. White specks that appear to move such as though they have legs like a mite. 

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7928.JPG

On 1/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, Muttley000 said:

Does it look like a small clam or does it move around?  I had stomatella snails that puffed reproductive smoke like that, but the pic looks like some kind of clam shell

It does move. It is a Stomatella snail. I had never seen one before and wasnt quite sure what it was. Thought that it was cool that I caught it spawning! Not quite sure how I picked it up, but I cant complain when it is good CUC.