Hitchiker ID thread.

Clint526

• 3 months later...

Ok all. I have a finger leather that has been looking sick. Ive moved it around thinking light and flow issues. I was trying to decide if i should get rid of it or try and nurse it back. I chose to treat and keep it. What i thought were blotchy spots ended up being bite marks. I dipped it rx and then iodine to pevent infections. But tucked tight to the base was this crab,and he didnt want to let go.he is a hitchhiker for sure. Anyone know of a crab eating leathers? Cant id this one. Legs are flat paddle like. The only thing i have in the tank are zoas and a clown with anemones. I have an identical leather 12 inches away from the one getting eaten. No marks and color is good.

20180514_102021.jpg

20180514_102013.jpg

Here are some pics of the damaged leather. The color is starting to return and the bite marks not looking as deep once the crab was removed. It appeared splotchy until i removed it. The white areas were deep cuts,the i saw the crab tucked tight up against the main stem. 

20180518_112530.jpg

20180518_112538.jpg

20180518_112542.jpg

20180518_112554.jpg

• Jesse unpinned this topic