Muttley000's Apex Log

Muttley000

So I got my Ranco backed up with the Apex today.  I love playing with this lol.  So basically because the Ranco has performed perfectly since setting it up, I just need to have the apex turn off power to the Ranco if the relay sticks and begins to overheat the tank.  

Here is how I set up the outlet.

image.thumb.jpeg.62641ee94c4272212c21078067e0acd3.jpeg

I also set up to get an alarm if the tank gets too hot or cold, along with alarms for Ph and salinity.  I think I would have been alarmed anyway because of the way the input is set up, but I'm still figuring all of that out.

image.thumb.jpeg.45cc19457e4f31a16237d76b4818cc3b.jpeg

So I had an internet outage today.  The heartbeat function worked flawlessly.  I got an alarm every 60 minutes reminding me that the apex was not connected to fusion.  When I got home I cycled power to it and it took right off.  It's functions continued to work fine, I just couldn't monitor from my phone.

One of the things the apex can do is chart one parameter against another.  I was interested in how much cyclic change there was in salinity.  Since I know salinity is skewed by temperature I charted salinity against temperature and it correlated perfectly.  Also you can see where my probe detected my manual topoff when I put 5 gallons of topoff in.

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Not much.  I ordered a 8 pin mini din cable to make a break out box for inputs yesterday.  

I also plugged my RODI booster pump into one of the EB8 outlets.  I only turn that outlet on manually right now because of the TDS creep issue and not having purchased switches for my RODI holding tank.  At least this way if I forget to turn it off when I go to work I can do so remotely.  Not that I look at the app 10 times a day or anything to check on the system lol.

Well, my cable came today. I bought a double male cable so I can use it to make 2 break out boxes.  I expect I'll add another EB832 by my mixing station so I'll need one over there also.  Not sure what I'll do for terminals yet.  I know most people just leave them open, but I want to see if I can scrounge up a box cheap before proceeding.  @cptnspanky I'm going to put this inside this thread.

image.jpeg

Well, my cable came today. I bought a double male cable so I can use it to make 2 break out boxes.  I expect I'll add another EB832 by my mixing station so I'll need one over there also.  Not sure what I'll do for terminals yet.  I know most people just leave them open, but I want to see if I can scrounge up a box cheap before proceeding.  [mention=119]cptnspanky[/mention] I'm going to put this inside this thread.
image.thumb.jpeg.beba7a50f459348a02bb1d336cbb5cd9.jpeg

Ill be looking for updates! Worse come to worse, use luan and brush it with watered wood glue to seal it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Wow, this needs an update!  I have this controlling my fuge and ATS lights now.  Upcoming project to control a gyre (including reversing!) with the ice cap controller, finally getting my ATO going, and automating the RODI.  I think I have most of the pieces coming thanks to the 10% off last weekend.  I'll update those projects as I get a chance to do them.  Besides those I picked this up from a member.  Leaning towards auto water changing with it but still thinking about it.

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Wow, this needs an update!  I have this controlling my fuge and ATS lights now.  Upcoming project to control a gyre (including reversing!) with the ice cap controller, finally getting my ATO going, and automating the RODI.  I think I have most of the pieces coming thanks to the 10% off last weekend.  I'll update those projects as I get a chance to do them.  Besides those I picked this up from a member.  Leaning towards auto water changing with it but still thinking about it.
image.thumb.jpeg.f00cc5379dc213fb63f321353e052673.jpeg
I received the new Apex as a black Friday purchase and couldn't be more impressed. To your statement above, I also have been thinking about setting up a continuous water change system - let me know if you do decide to, I'd be curious to experiment with you.

Also - careful with that gyre and reverse mode. From my understanding running them in reverse seems to cause a lot of wear and tear.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RockyProndoa said:

I received the new Apex as a black Friday purchase and couldn't be more impressed. To your statement above, I also have been thinking about setting up a continuous water change system - let me know if you do decide to, I'd be curious to experiment with you.

Also - careful with that gyre and reverse mode. From my understanding running them in reverse seems to cause a lot of wear and tear.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gyre has been going strong for a couple months now, but I guess we won’t know for a year or more if I am damaging it!

Got my skimmer, main return, mixing station, amd ATS pumps all on controlled outlets.  Got rid of a power strip,and a half dozen extension cords too! Waiting on fittings to get some float switches integrated in a few different places and set up some alarms for skimmate locker full, ATS storage low, and RODI bin full.  Also fittings to get my salinity probe into my mixing station, and my solenoids to control the RODI process installed, will be here next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Added another switch box today. I now have alarms if my ATO reservoir is low, my slimmer locker is full, or if my rodi gets my holding tank filled (I haven’t got my solenoids installed to flush it and turn it off yet automatically.) Also see my mixing station thread soon for the changes I made there!

here is a pic of the fitting contraption I mounted the float switch too1CCF9804-4ACC-4498-9245-21C2F19A9861.thumb.jpeg.c7d9b5c4042d26d5b77287a62167cca5.jpeg

and an updated layout of my main board801047F5-5A5F-4904-B0A6-B2E72D026857.thumb.jpeg.cd6fb363c39efebe45dca42342b8a633.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...