• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muttley000's Apex Log

Muttley000

So I got some time to play and program my lights. I have one lagging 15 minutes from the other.  I am brand new at this so any critique more than welcome!  I used the intensities that are equal to the coral labs AB+.  I want to let this run a few days and get my WAVs on before I move any corals into the tank.

12 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Well here’s what happens when you just plug one in and turn it on for a few seconds without reading the directions lol. I guess I better study!

D41D810B-007A-4078-ACAC-A971F8AF6EF6.jpeg

Just put a small rock there. No need to read directions. 

6 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Well after a couple hours of fiddling around here is what I ended up with.  I put all my sand back in place lol amd will see what happens!

image.png

image.png

You have or had a Gyre at one point, so after you get things flowing... pun intended... I would like to see what you think of each. Maybe a likes vs dislike comparison. 

3 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

You have or had a Gyre at one point, so after you get things flowing... pun intended... I would like to see what you think of each. Maybe a likes vs dislike comparison. 

Still running it in the 65 in reverse gyre mode. Already I can tell you that the ability to reverse the gyre is one thing I like that I can’t do here, but for the same money I can make exponentially more flow with these. I’m not sure I will be able to go far over 50% in the 90 unless I go bare bottom. 

Still running it in the 65 in reverse gyre mode. Already I can tell you that the ability to reverse the gyre is one thing I like that I can’t do here, but for the same money I can make exponentially more flow with these. I’m not sure I will be able to go far over 50% in the 90 unless I go bare bottom. 
Really? I'm struggling to believe this!

I have two XF-250s in my 135g and they can move massive water. You're telling me this little WAV pumps can move exponentially more?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, RockyProndoa said:

Really? I'm struggling to believe this!

I have two XF-250s in my 135g and they can move massive water. You're telling me this little WAV pumps can move exponentially more?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My gyre is a single xf230.  I have also read that the icecap module robs the pump of some power but that is the only way to get the alternating direction flow.  I don’t have the regular gyre controller to compare it to. I have it at 90 percent in my 65 and I do not think I have enough flow in that tank to be honest. The wavs put out 4000 gph at 100 percent. Now way my single smaller gyre is even in the ballpark flow wise. Don’t get me wrong I love how in alternating mode it makes my anemones sway!  I wonder if the gyre moves so much water because it gets the white tank rolling with it?  In alternating mode that is never allowed to happen (at least at the interval I am using)

Kicked the left side up a fuzz, this put me at 80 times turnover not counting my return pump (about 500 GPH, thinking about putting a flow meter on here to be sure)  by pieces of sand moving it looks pretty good, but I'm going to have to get some life in here to know for sure!

image.png

• 8 months later...

So my Apex universe is expanding because I need to control my DIY lights on my 29. I have a spare EB832 laying around so I am making a board to hold it, the vdm for my light dimming, and a ph/temp module I need to buy. May put an ATK on this stand alone tank too because I always forget to top it off for a couple days. Anyways the 832 was missing the mount so I had to make one. Paint drying on mounting board, hopefully I’ll get it mounted later today so I can get the lights working automatically

E6DC41C7-705D-424E-A9F2-ACC973AFA1EA.jpeg

2CAFF8DA-DCD0-4196-BE29-F26E3928F62D.jpeg

A7FC3E1C-11C0-432E-9411-9DB5C42702E6.jpeg

F295DD6E-9131-4750-9AD6-5C6D15AFB05F.jpeg

9814C092-2169-4D6E-A82C-8170A9370404.jpeg

Edited by Muttley000
Forgot pics! Noone likes a thread without pics!