New light(ordered). New return pump. New wavemaker

Jason

Just received a pp-8 wavemaker to play with. Anyone using one that can help me get started?

Also picked up a dcp-6500 return pump. Same question. Anyone have one and have suggestions for the newb?

Lastly ordered a new light. Reefbreeders Photon 48 V2. Hoping I like it. Footnote: ill be posting my t5/mh for sale soon. Hit me up if interested.

As always, tips, suggestions, criticisms, etc always accepted and appreciated08cb1b89adbf1e2a47a468f796cebe88.jpg94194eedea4e1a2a2361ee9fdc6af15e.jpg3d6926dad36e4f60416f67675aa45959.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mussin said:

I have the reefbreeders photon 48 v1, love it.. I also run 2 jebao rw8's. Not sure what the difference is on those. Love those powerheads as well, never had any problems out of them. Usually run them on w1 mode.

Looks like they are similar products. Ill start out with w1 and play around. What do you have them in? 

52 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Good to see you around!!  Are you putting that light on a 90?  I have a 90 to set up and I need to figure out a light and am thinking about this one.  The MH fixture will be hard to sell, hopefully you can find a diehard old schooler that wants it.

Yeah putting on my 90. I'll let you know and post pics when I get it. Someone will buy the mh. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Love to see the support for @ReefBreedersLLC. Welcome back @Jason!

Thx

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I'll have to have you help me set mine up when it gets here

Yeah it took me a couple days to get it going. I ended up running a custom program. I wasn't really sure what percentage to run each channel. Here is the thread I made when I recieved it.

Reef Breeders Photon 16-V2 review

5 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Yeah it took me a couple days to get it going. I ended up running a custom program. I wasn't really sure what percentage to run each channel. Here is the thread I made when I recieved it.

Reef Breeders Photon 16-V2 review

Looks good. Could you send me the color to channel chart? 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looks good. Could you send me the color to channel chart? 

Yes I will have to make one.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did you leave it at 50%?

No I have changed it. I will have to look and see where I max out at now I believe it is 75%. 

No I have changed it. I will have to look and see where I max out at now I believe it is 75%. 

When you started you left it at 50%? I'm replacing 2 150mh and 2 54 t5. So just trying to find a good start point

7 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Yeah I ramped it up to 50% through the day. It ended up bleaching a few corals and bleached all my coralline. So I would probably leave it higher off the water and start with it maxing out at 50% or less. I came from an Ocean Revive unit, just as an FYI.  

Cool thanks. Let me know if you can make the channel chart