redevil13

So it Begins...150 gal tall build

169 posts in this topic

So cheato is the size of a volley ball  seriously if you have the money or high power lighting to spare do it. I am amazed at the growth and never even consider the light power would make that big of a diffrence. If i had a better angle i would do a thread on growth rate alone

I also decided to run a 3/4 line the 18feet to draw and i have picked up .3 so far and im running 8.35 as a high and 8.3 avg...i just piggybacked the dryer vent and put a carbon filter just to cover bases and since i removed the silencer ypu can hear it screaming for air outside lol

20170703_181140.jpg

20170703_181149.jpg

20170703_181712.jpg

I'm thinking of doing that to my skimmer, but am concerned about farm chemicals and such being in the air when they spray the fields.  Where did you get the charcoal filter?

make it 2" pvc with caps drilled to fit 3/4 in tube and use filter pad material to stop the big things (bugs) just make sure its mounted vertical (air channels if horizontal)

I switched out the 3/4in pvc stand pipes to 1in inside the overflows and I'm up to 669gph out of the mag18, 50gph for 4 bucks

1 hour ago, redevil13 said:

I switched out the 3/4in pvc stand pipes to 1in inside the overflows and I'm up to 669gph out of the mag18, 50gph for 4 bucks

Nice.  One of the cool benefits of those flow sensors is getting immediate real time numbers instead of theoretical calculations!

8 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice.  One of the cool benefits of those flow sensors is getting immediate real time numbers instead of theoretical calculations!

the warning that my gfo, carbon, bio pellets are clogged is sooooooooo nice

Made some quick filter sock holders

2 1.5in hangers   zipties 4in coupling cut in half   5 bucks at lowes

20170706_185140.jpg

20170706_184715.jpg

20170706_190141.jpg

my diamond goby has finally settled in and is cleaning the sandbed but man does really stir up the detritus that's in there

5 minutes ago, redevil13 said:

my diamond goby has finally settled in and is cleaning the sandbed but man does really stir up the detritus that's in there

Well, if it ends up in the sock that ain't a bad thing!  Love the holder, great idea

On 7/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, redevil13 said:

I also decided to run a 3/4 line the 18feet to draw and i have picked up .3 so far and im running 8.35 as a high and 8.3 avg...i just piggybacked the dryer vent and put a carbon filter just to cover bases and since i removed the silencer ypu can hear it screaming for air outside lol

20170703_181140.jpg

20170703_181149.jpg

20170703_181712.jpg

This is a really good idea...i read an article in "reef hobbiest" about a guy that smoked cigarettes in his house and said his ph was super high because of it...so he did as u did and ran a fresh air intake..i dont smoke but i did the same thing with my skimmer intake and it makes a world of difference, more stable ph and my skimmer works 100x better.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, cheap reefer said:

This is a really good idea...i read an article in "reef hobbiest" about a guy that smoked cigarettes in his house and said his ph was super high because of it...so he did as u did and ran a fresh air intake..i dont smoke but i did the same thing with my skimmer intake and it makes a world of difference, more stable ph and my skimmer works 100x better.

I will say the skimmer is pulling a lot more skim mate too

just removed a basketball size clump of cheato, left a softball in there and that's 3 weeks of growth from a baseball size