• Kent Marine
    • Other

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jesse changed the title to New Salt?
4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I think one of your tests is bogus. You should be seeing precipitation if it were that high and it will usually crash your ph once the precipitation starts. 

Hhmmm...well maybe a new test kit is in order..ill take some samples to my lfs guy and get a proper full test cause, your u maybe right again...ouch that hurt..then order a new test kit cause something doesnt make sense since i changed salts.

I started using the Aquaforest products. I started with the reef salt, and recently transitioned into the probiotic just to see if there was a significant difference. What I have notice so far with the probiotic is that you use much more salt mix to reach 1.026, but cannot comment on it further because I have only been using it for two weeks. With the reef salt I was using 2.25 lbs of salt per 10 gallons, and with the probiotic I am using 3.25 lbs to get to 1.026. 

I love that it mixes in less than 15 minutes, and the parameters are super consistent per batch. I am not super heavy on SPS, so I will probably just go back to the reef salt after this. 

7 hours ago, cheap reefer said:

Hhmmm...well maybe a new test kit is in order..ill take some samples to my lfs guy and get a proper full test cause, your u maybe right again...ouch that hurt..then order a new test kit cause something doesnt make sense since i changed salts.

Cool, eager to see how they come out.  I'm always up for being wrong and learning something from it!

5 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I started using the Aquaforest products. I started with the reef salt, and recently transitioned into the probiotic just to see if there was a significant difference. What I have notice so far with the probiotic is that you use much more salt mix to reach 1.026, but cannot comment on it further because I have only been using it for two weeks. With the reef salt I was using 2.25 lbs of salt per 10 gallons, and with the probiotic I am using 3.25 lbs to get to 1.026. 

I love that it mixes in less than 15 minutes, and the parameters are super consistent per batch. I am not super heavy on SPS, so I will probably just go back to the reef salt after this. 

That's amazing and interesting!  I am curious what is in the extra pound?  Seems like 99% of that would have to be moisture.  I wonder if that is to keep the probiotics good or something along those lines.