Have you checked your parameters lately?

Jesse

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Birdman said:

What is this program? I need that in my life. 

40 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I'm so confused. This is the fishbit. I went t see what it cost and there website says it not even available yet? I downloaded the app and it says to manually enter or connect to a device 

You are correct it is not available yet. You can pre-order if you would like. Release is anticipated this summer. It's been a long road, but I am looking forward to mine showing up.

I manually enter my readings for now. It's not hard to do. Easy way to keep track of everything and share when wanted. 

Ammonia 0
Nitrites .005
Nitrates 1-2
CA 415
Alk 10.2
ph 8.2
Salt 1.024
I never test Mag my philosophy is if I keep my alk and ca in line my mag will be in line as well. Thoughts on that philosophy are welcome. Only been in the hobby 10 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Tonya said:

Ammonia 0
Nitrites .005
Nitrates 1-2
CA 415
Alk 10.2
ph 8.2
Salt 1.024
I never test Mag my philosophy is if I keep my alk and ca in line my mag will be in line as well. Thoughts on that philosophy are welcome. Only been in the hobby 10 months.

Depends how you keep you calcium and alk where it needs to be.  If through water changes ok, if with certain methods of dosing you will need to supplement normally.

Depends how you keep you calcium and alk where it needs to be.  If through water changes ok, if with certain methods of dosing you will need to supplement normally.

I do 25% water changes every two weeks in a 45 gal tank. I dose 12 ml of Alk and 6ml of CA daily using a doser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I love the graphs. Looks sharp Muttley.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Tonya said:

I do 25% water changes every two weeks in a 45 gal tank. I dose 12 ml of Alk and 6ml of CA daily using a doser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would in that instance pick up a test kit.  I really like Salifert for a magnesium test, but since Premium Aquatics was out of them last time I needed a kit I tried Elos, and it is equally as good.

I would in that instance pick up a test kit.  I really like Salifert for a magnesium test, but since Premium Aquatics was out of them last time I needed a kit I tried Elos, and it is equally as good.

Thanks Muttley000. Can you educate me on the benefits of understanding Mag and testing for it?

1 minute ago, Tonya said:

Thanks Muttley000. Can you educate me on the benefits of understanding Mag and testing for it?

Not as well as Randy Holmes Farley can!  This is one of several awesome articles he has written on aquarium chemistry. 

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/10/chemistry