Skimmer still overflowing.

Birdman

So I changed 20 gallons water today. 15 gallons last week. I have a new carbon pad. Plus carbon in a bag in my sump. I can't get my skimmer to stop overflowing. My friend who runs a pet store suggested I have something in my water. Which I don't. I don't use any chemicals. That's why I did 2 larger water changes. The carbon should have pulled it out by now. Maybe my skimmer is bad? Any suggestions?

Dang, still going on!  After we talked on the side about this model skimmer I did some reading on this and didn't come up with anything different than water level too high, too much pump, closing the discharge too much, blocked venturi, or contamination of some kind in the water.  You do use RODI right?

looking at the pic  on screen it's about 4 knuckles. the s-120 is halfway with my knuckles your water lvl should be under that. Start with water lvl at the writing under the s-120 with your valve on right all the way open letting water flow out.  also make sure your air intake is open seems this one can shut it by twisting the top of it. I don't know why the valve letting water out has a damn logo on it but that could be restricting flow out of skimmer.  This youtube video says the water lvl on this thing is a pain in the rear to dial in. He says it over flows if there is any water lvl differnce. He puts it at 11 inches deep so he says. 

s120-4th.jpg

3 hours ago, Birdman said:

Update! So I mixed new salt ina bucket to test my skimmer. Skimmer is working fine. I'm curious to what the crap I have in my display water. I have not used any chemicals at all. My mind is wondering real bad todsy

Do you use RODI?  What salt do you use?

There's all kinds of ways for things to get in the water. Anything in the air gets put into the water thru the skimmer.  I forgot to rinse out a brand new filter sock once and my sump turned into a bubble bath.   Even as simple as the food we use.   Can you tey to reateict the watet inake by putting the intake right up against a sump wall ???

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

Idk what that means exactly 

Using epoxy to mount frags can make your skimmer go crazy for a while.  If you use hand lotion, or even wash your hands with soap and don't get it rinsed completely can do it also.  

If you use some kind of air freshener, have recently painted, or smoke in the house, your skimmer is concentrating what is in the air in your tank also, but I can't remember hearing about those things making the skimmer foam up before.