Muttley000's Flucon Experiment

1 hour ago, music said:

I am so glad you did not have any problems after the treatment.  If I ever use flucon again I will have an area to grow algae such as an ATS or refugium just waiting in the wings.  

I heaped off my second treatment just for this purpose, as I thought the first round was unsuccessful due to not being able to get the nutrients out quickly enough

2 hours ago, castlet67 said:

So how did the treatment go? Was it what all the claims made it out to be? Any recomendations?

It does kill Briopsis and hair algae.  I routed my external skimmer so it would overflow back into the tank for a week.  If you run socks be prepared to change them often as I did have pieces break off and go down the drain.  I guess my main piece of advice is to remember all the nutrients locked up in that algae are going to be freed and you have to have a plan to deal with that.

22 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

It does kill Briopsis and hair algae.  I routed my external skimmer so it would overflow back into the tank for a week.  If you run socks be prepared to change them often as I did have pieces break off and go down the drain.  I guess my main piece of advice is to remember all the nutrients locked up in that algae are going to be freed and you have to have a plan to deal with that.

Having a plan to deal with extra nutrients is the key.