What to get first!?

Nanoreef13

Ok so I have a lot of changes that I want to make just to upgrade my tank. I could currently stay where I'm at and be fine I'm sure but where is the fun in that! So I have a few purchases that I want to get for my tank but I can't get them all at once. Here is the list. Tell me what you think I should get first and why. 

Current setup

jaboe duel pumps on pulse mode

mag 9.5 return 

reefkeeper 2 control system

water jugs that I hand pour into the sump

Now for the items I want

MP40w Quite Drive

Jabeo DCT Controlable Return Pump

Apex Jr or Apex Base System (not sure yet)

Tunze Auto Topoff  ( I would run kalk with this)

So what do you all think? I can get one of these things right now. 

IMG_2178.PNG

IMG_2179.PNG

IMG_2180.PNG

IMG_2181.PNG

Id get the Apex first. As far as Wireless goes you don't really need Wireless right out of the gate, you can connect it to your router and then just run it through a website. that's what I do. I have the gold package still don't have the wireless no need for it. As far as the MP40 goes you can only put it in one position although it doesn't have wires on it it's One Direction. The jaboes do burn up but you can buy 3 to 4 for the price of a mp40. Ive bought 6in the last five years, only two of them have burnt out. My mp40 makes noise all the time but i do love the no wire factor.

25 minutes ago, Nanoreef13 said:

I was just wondering because my router is far away from my tank and I don't know know if I can run a line all the way to it

I was in the same situation, I ran a line all the way to my tank from my modem. 

The Jaebo pumpnis junk. IMO. And be careful when you buy from 3rd party sellers. Refunds and returns usually don't happen if it arrives damaged. I shop amazon. At least 100 times a day. Lol. Not really. But I know 3rd party sellers. Amazon don't support. Which means. You need to be cautious. 

Just now, Birdman said:

The Jaebo pumpnis junk. IMO. And be careful when you buy from 3rd party sellers. Refunds and returns usually don't happen if it arrives damaged. I shop amazon. At least 100 times a day. Lol. Not really. But I know 3rd party sellers. Amazon don't support. Which means. You need to be cautious. 

The one he linked is Fulfilled by Amazon so they will support you.

I know some here like them, but I won't buy another Jabeo product either. Let's face it, you get what you pay for.  If you are willing to possibly go through 3 to get one that works, or deal with the short term faliures until you get the one that is right then have at it.  If you are one of the lucky ones, I'm sure it is awesome. The only thinkg I will give them credit for is putting some downward price pressure on the good stuff lol.

Back to the wired vs unwired on the apex.  I had to route it through a wall and floor to get to my router, too many nightmare stories out there of random disconnects and such that mysteriously went away once a wired connection was used.  As for new technology vs. an older Apex, at some point something is going to come out that is either new apex only, or requires a module to run on an old apex that drives the cost up.  The old platform has been running too long for it not to happen.  The original apex was released in 2009, if you were looking for a computer would you buy the 2009 version or the 2016 version if you wanted to be able to run all the latest stuff.  Neptune has done a good job with backwards compatibility, but eventually a limit is going to be reached IMO

I was just wondering because my router is far away from my tank and I don't know know if I can run a line all the way to it

My router is far from my tank as well. I use the wireless functionality. I used a power line adapter along with my apex Jr to control my temp. No issues with lost connection. Knock on wood
04f42cdf3d958f6d13f1409b712a2590.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

apex jr 250

pm1 (ph) with probe 150

pm1 (orp) with probe 150

pm2 (salt) with probe 210

vdm (controls led lighting) 90

eb4 (4 outlet energy bar) 120

so to copy the full apex with the jr it would cost 950 bucks and you will still lose some things and you also have a lower limit on modules you can add and will take a lot more space

With your system size and the frag tank (yep you can monitor multiple tanks with one apex and control both too) spend the money and get a full apex

1 hour ago, redevil13 said:

apex jr 250

pm1 (ph) with probe 150

pm1 (orp) with probe 150

pm2 (salt) with probe 210

vdm (controls led lighting) 90

eb4 (4 outlet energy bar) 120

so to copy the full apex with the jr it would cost 950 bucks and you will still lose some things and you also have a lower limit on modules you can add and will take a lot more space

With your system size and the frag tank (yep you can monitor multiple tanks with one apex and control both too) spend the money and get a full apex

Where are you located?