Moody66

Store for Xenia?

Sadly there ate fee pet store around me. Only one that carries and saltwater stuff. I would like to have a Xenia. Love seeing them pulse. I'm in Uhrichsville. Anyone know of a member that would sell me some that isn't hours drive away. I looked into ordering but for just a Xenia the shipping is outrageous...

If you don't find any. Next time I come over that way I will bring you some and you can have it. Don't get that way often but every now and then I do 

I am not sure what some close don't sell it. From my research most complain it is to easy to grow. They call it weeds. Lol maybe that is why they don't? They would be over supplied and take up to much space?  There is a nice coral store about an hour north of me. Huge selection of coral and fish as well ad equipment... Not one single Xenia.

A lot of people don't like it because it grows fast and spreads.  My wife loves it so I just make sure to keep it trimmed back and not let it go crazy. A guy gave me some on a Little Rock and it has spread enough to where I have the rock to someone else to start there in there tank and have just a little in the wife's tank 

That's what I hear. I don't mind having to keep it cut back. I love sea creatures of any kind. Wife does as well. She could sit for hours and just look at the tank. As new as it is. There isn't much. We have 7 colonies of zoanthids. Two heads of green mushroom coral. And one candy cane. All small. So nothing moving. Xenia would provide the movement it is in dire need of.

When I first started, I had some in my tank. It seemed to great for a while and then just melted away. I havent really tried since. I was very nice to look at when it was growing. Hope you are able to find some to throw in your tank. 

That's odd. Most people say its to easy to grow. Sigh. What lighting did you use? I have LEDs at the moment. Its very interesting how corals seem to be hit and miss. Natures ocean is so much more complex then anything we can ever accomplish with tanks. I think that is what draws me in to it. 

That's what a lot of people say you will either have great success or melt them. For my wife's tank they grow like wildfire under a sb reeflight 

Picked some up Sunday at Coral Reefs Marine Fish. Cheap. I love that place. The people have a huge reef tank as you walk in the door. I could have spent hours just watching it. Made me jealous. Lol. The guy was very helpful in how to keep it under control and such. They are hardly ever open to the public for some reason. Wish they or anything like them was close by. This area just sucks for reefers. Thanks for all the helpful offers guys. Much appreciated.

Yep. It was Akron. Wife wanted to go to Sam's club in North Canton. So we drove up there since we were so close. Found a bunch more stuff she wanted in the reed store while we were there. Lol. She picked up a few corals and some food. And I got to talk to the owner about reef keeping. There is another somewhere up there according to Google maps. But we didn't have time to visit it. Is Akron close for you? Any other stores I should go see?

Im in akron..next time your up yhis way let me know..Derek at coral reef is awesome..then there is two turtles and saltwater havens..im surprised u guys didnt stop at ocean rift aquatics since u were in north canton..hes one of my favorites...if you were at sams club, you were only 5 mins away.

Didn't even know about that one. She got a chalice and Xenia and one other. Done forgot. Lol we have purchased several the past couple weeks. Lost an orange Yuma ordered online. It wasn't healthy when we got it though.