Crimson's 120 wet dream

crimsonvice

Gotcha! Still looks like it may be the two end cross pieces that are in your way. If that's not enough, then the two inside rear verticals could go since you added the other 2x4s between the rims I guess I'd like to see it skinned with plywood if you did that.

I strongly believe you need to add somemore support braces. After the weight of the water goes in. Roughly 8pounds per gallon. That thing might collapse. Def take precaution and add some braces. Maybe to the end pieces. As @hllywd said. Some vertical braces at the end would give more support. The way it sits now. You better get a few mops handy. And a appt with a water cleanup crew. 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Sweet!  I've just jumped on hoping to see what you had come up with!  What is going on the small shelf?

It is just wide enough to hold my doser, and the voss water bottles will sit underneath. Above it is going to be my Apex energy bar. On the opposite side facing the main doors, I will have all my controllers mounted for easy access. I am reusing the panels I had on my old stand, and the sides will be held in place with rare earth magnets. I really want to skin it with some weathered wood, but the wife is insistent on me reusing the glossy panels to save a few bucks. 

I ran into a few complications which will delay progress a few days. 1) I didn't buy enough sand. 2) Like a dummy I didn't hold on to my piece of rock when trying to aquascape... Which led to a tumbled, and a broken piece of glass that was being used to cover the old overflows. Oops... 3) I dry fit my sump, ATO container, doser and other equipment before screwing down my equipment closet pieces. Well after painting and siliconing the seams, the ATO container is 1/8 of an inch to big. No to mention when trying to place it, I busted a seam and water stated leaking out everywhere. DOH!

It's been a long weekend, and I am disappointed that I am not filling the tank right now. It will come though.

This is it as it sits now.

AE6A7CEE-8208-40E2-8077-EC1C6FFE6012.thumb.jpeg.2b924d4864a58aaf0b8e42993ba81384.jpeg

Made a little progress today. Moved some things around a bit to fit the ATO container. The fit was to snug and I wasn't able to fit it in. I had to remove some screws and will put them back once I have water tested the container tomorrow.

I place the Gyre controller, my return controller and the Apex energy bar/ brain thingy. I have to say the Apex stuff was much larger than I was expecting. Hopefully this will be enough room to fit everything.

F8419558-DF95-49F8-B153-32F19AA69FE7.thumb.jpeg.8ac7be2a54adc88196ba92559cf735f1.jpeg

8735B36B-E60B-4344-9B50-797B74DF776A.thumb.jpeg.bb43b87ca3248ff71ca266ac73529861.jpeg

I also added some led lights for working under the stand. I night exchange them, the white isn't very bright, and makes the orange appear red.

Nice work!  It's amazing how fast space goes away under a tank!  What is the white cable around your apex?  I'm not sure I've seen a cable like that before.  Before there is stuff in your way consider wire management for your apex.  I say that because you will want your probe cables to be able to be separated from any power cables if possible and planning 2 paths may be easier now than later.  Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice work!  It's amazing how fast space goes away under a tank!  What is the white cable around your apex?  I'm not sure I've seen a cable like that before.  Before there is stuff in your way consider wire management for your apex.  I say that because you will want your probe cables to be able to be separated from any power cables if possible and planning 2 paths may be easier now than later.  Keep up the good work!

The white cable is the leds that I had laying around. I think I am going to switch them out though. They have a lot of wiring.

Once I test my ATO today, I will button everything up on that side, and put he sump in place. Then I can work on all my wiring. I am dreading that part. Lol 

Lol sorry. I was able to tackle some things last night. I have the ATO and sump in place, removed the broken glass and siliconed in the new glass, as well as hooked up the Apex and ran most of my wiring. I had enough plumbing supplies to hard plumb one drain line, but I am waiting on an order from PVCfittings.com to come in to finish the return and other drain line. I saved about ~$30 buying online, compared to HomeDepot or Lowes. BUT... my shipment is being delayed because of stupid weather... So I should have spent the extra $30. UGH! I need to pick up another two bags of sand, and hopefully I can do that today after work. Once that is in, I should be able to start filling it. Well at least enough so that it doesnt go over the overflow. 

I purchased some Fritz 9 to help cycle the tank quickly. I need to hurry and get my stuff over. I noticed one of my millis bleached yesterday :t107027:So far, that is the only loss. Hopefully I wont have any more. I will get some picture up when I get home. 

@Muttley000 With the ATK do you have to have the power supply connected, or is the USB all you need?

I am playing around on Fusion at work. Man this is intense. Its going to take me a while to get use to everything. I am trying to figure out how to set my Returnpump to OFF when the top optical sensor on my ATK is reached. Basically, I want to use it as a fail safe if the overflows are blocked. Just triple protection, lol!