Crimson's 120 wet dream

crimsonvice

So I am trying to get together a fish list...

Currently have:

1 - Coral Beauty

2 - damsels

1 - Tomini Tang

1- Melanarus Wrasse

Needs not wants: 

2 - Yellow Tangs

1 - Hippo Tang

1 - Tennenti Surgeonfish

2 - Pink Skunk clowns

5 - Anthias - maybe Square or Bartlett's (upon the wife's request. She wants fish that will shoal)

2 - Wrasse - still trying to decide on which ones. 

1 -  Diamond Watchman Goby

and quite possibly an Achilles somewhere down the line. 

13 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

So I am trying to get together a fish list...

Currently have:

1 - Coral Beauty

2 - damsels

1 - Tomini Tang

1- Melanarus Wrasse

Needs not wants: 

2 - Yellow Tangs

1 - Hippo Tang

1 - Tennenti Surgeonfish

2 - Pink Skunk clowns

5 - Anthias - maybe Square or Bartlett's (upon the wife's request. She wants fish that will shoal)

2 - Wrasse - still trying to decide on which ones. 

1 -  Diamond Watchman Goby

and quite possibly an Achilles somewhere down the line. 

I know I'm always "that" guy saying this, but it seems like a super heavy fish load to me.  Five tangs in a 4' tank is something I personally wouldn't try.  The pink skunks will be awesome, and there is no way I would set up a tank this size without some Anthias!

Almost finished the plumbing last night. In order to keep peace within the household, I will have to stick with the durso standpipe vs herbie. It is oversized to 1 1/4", which will hopefully help some. I just need a a coupling for the return line and we will be up and running. 

This is how she sits now.

D82FDC58-48E3-4BD9-A95F-C39D7AB1C56B.jpeg

On 9/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, hllywd said:

Achilles is on my list, but the alternative is a powder blue. Yellows may become hard to get, but I'd like a trio if I could eventually find a couple small ones. I have a scopas and a yellow now.

Yellows are the easiest fish off that list to find out my way, other than damsels of course. Lol

Well after many complications, I am almost finished setting it up! I have to hang my second light tomorrow, and I will be just about finished. I need to also add one more bag of sand. 

Stopped by @Lazylivin 's and grabbed a few frags when trading with @Nanoreef13. Thanks for everything guys.

Today I was able to:

- Place an order for pods and chaeto from Reefcleaners.com

- Mark my lines for the second light, to hang tomorrow.

- I was leaking a small amount of water from my drain line. One of the threaded fittings needed to be re-tapped with Teflon tape.

- I had ordered new led lighting for in the stand, and installed that tonight. 

- Wire management... Still needs some work. 

Tomorrow my game plan is to hang the light after work and add a little more sand. I really am loving the Tropic Eden Reef Flakes. I picked up some CaribSea Argonite, and didn't care much for it. The grains are much smaller than the Reef Flakes. Once mixed though, it is a nice blend. I still would have preferred just the Reef Flakes... 

Here is a picture of it as she sits now ( Still a little foggy from messing with the sand).

1BF393D0-2B26-4903-A2E6-099BBDBB3980.thumb.jpeg.241e45b8868a375601cdfc0a0d8d35dd.jpeg

8 hours ago, Craig said:

Love the Bashsea sump, was considering one when I start my new tank build.

They are very nice. My only complaint is the cord holes on the top rim. At first I thought this was an awesome idea. I have seen similar ideas in other sumps like Trigger, GEOs, and Elite Aquatics. On these models though, they are just notches in the top rim rather than a hole. After using it, I see the benefit to a notch compared to a hole. Every time you have/want to do maintenance, you have to pull the cord all the way through the hole. Sounds a little petty, but with as much equipment as some of us run, it gets annoying real fast. Other than that, I think it is awesome!

If I were to do it again, I would go with the Geo's Reef SU46R-PRO-PLUS... but that is a crap ton of money!

SU46R-PRO-PLUS-ORANGE.jpg

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice!  What mode are you using?

OGC at +50%/-60%. It varies the speed throughout the day, with more flow (+50%/-60%max) during the day, and lower flow at night. Seems like a good amount of flow. It definitely blows the xf150 out of the water. I'm actually very happy I bought the advanced controller. Easy setup and get things moving right out of the box.

Macros and pods cane in today from Reefcleaners.com. Healthy portions of each macro. I recieved two chaeto clumps that are probably the size of a soda can, another large clump of sea lettuce, and some halimeda. The pods were in a bag, similar to how you would package a frag. I floated the pods and let them sit in the sump for about 30 minutes before turning on the skimmer and return pump again.

9F640404-50E1-4324-A752-9E194A60FD11.thumb.jpeg.cf9700be16164b3904bea62407febf8e.jpeg