Crimson's 120 wet dream

crimsonvice

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Mine don’t have the blue in it like yours. 

39 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Mine either, more light?

They should look similar to what is highlighted in the red. The gold highlighted are a different zoa. I believe you are seeing more blue on them because I have a reefbrite actinic strip hanging above them on that side. It should be more of a black and orange. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d7efe05441df218a71b088a2f5c270a5.jpg

11 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

They should look similar to what is highlighted in the red. The gold highlighted are a different zoa. I believe you are seeing more blue on them because I have a reefbrite actinic strip hanging above them on that side. It should be more of a black and orange. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d7efe05441df218a71b088a2f5c270a5.jpg

Yes mine look like what’s in red. So now I need different lights. Kids are eating cereal for supper this week. 

I was slightly disappointed that it wouldn't mount on the outside of the sump. The rim is too thick for the mount to fit on. I placed it on one of the inside baffles, which I believe should be okay. Do you guys for see any issues with this? The bracket seems to be a metal or sorts, but I would assume that it would not rust... but you know about assuming...

1 hour ago, crimsonvice said:

I was slightly disappointed that it wouldn't mount on the outside of the sump. The rim is too thick for the mount to fit on. I placed it on one of the inside baffles, which I believe should be okay. Do you guys for see any issues with this? The bracket seems to be a metal or sorts, but I would assume that it would not rust... but you know about assuming...

I wouldn’t trust anything metal. But that’s just my opinion. 

I have the same bracket on an A80 in a 10 gallon. I think the bracket is a dense plastic, I’ve had mine dipping into the water for about a month and I haven’t seen any signs of rust yet. I would be worried if the gooseneck could get wet though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice, so when you change the dose you adjust in the app?  Does the app divide your dose up throughout the day for you?

Yes. You can either connect the doser to the computer or you can do it via the app. It is super simple. 

The app allows you to input your desired number of doses per day, and the amount per dose. So it is a little backwards... you don't just put in 15 mls/day, you input it as 12 doses of 1.3 mls to reach a total daily dose of 15.6 mls. So there is a little thinking involved for us dumb Americans. 

I love the GHL doser, and probably would have purchased the Proflux controller if the UI was a little more refined. Neptune has just killed all competition right now, IMHO.