My new tank!

hllywd

20 minutes ago, hllywd said:

IDK, haven’t decided what I’m doing for sure yet. I had considered continuous h2o changes. Maybe 2 part or Triton. I have GEO kalk and Ca Rxs I used before. Haven’t really researched salt yet, have always used Reef Crystals. I’ve heard there is better.

Main goal right now is to get up and running. Looks like I’ll be circulating by Friday. Stopped the RO/DI at about 2/3 and used the salt I had, a little hypo still. I have close to enough h2o run to top the main tank off once I can mix it. Planning to get most of the rock in today anyway, and I work tomorrow. RC is supposed to be here before 8:00pm on Thursday.

Awesome! I will be following along. 

That’s all my old stuff minus a biggest long piece I have, plus 40 lbs of new dry rock. I have another ~60lbs that was all new that’s been running in the 57 since I set it up late in the winter or early spring. Lots of open area under the big pieces on the left. I may still change some of it to get that really big piece in.

BBEAA990-E418-41F1-B73D-1548561B7B5B.jpeg

B79F48D9-C82C-40DD-A729-EF521CADBBB1.jpeg

E9FFD5F2-B8FA-43B0-9AD2-FA14AEB6C36D.jpeg

Raging Waters thou shalt be called, and so I christen thee...:o

I think I’ll be re-plumbing! Eheim 1262 with 1” plumbing and I have three waterfalls; the Marineland standpipes are too short, and the inlets into the sump... let’s just say it reminds me of where the big waters flow:blink:

Not sure what I have different, I didn’t have this kind of flow or noise in the old tank with the same pump...

B7CCF4DE-96D7-416D-9B70-1772628EFC8B.jpeg

4 hours ago, hllywd said:

Raging Waters thou shalt be called, and so I christen thee...:o

I think I’ll be re-plumbing! Eheim 1262 with 1” plumbing and I have three waterfalls; the Marineland standpipes are too short, and the inlets into the sump... let’s just say it reminds me of where the big waters flow:blink:

Not sure what I have different, I didn’t have this kind of flow or noise in the old tank with the same pump...

B7CCF4DE-96D7-416D-9B70-1772628EFC8B.jpeg

With the inlets of to the sump, can you lengthen them slightly to reduce the splashing? 

I have heard similar things about stock standpipes. It should be easy enough to replace, it is just frustrating to get to this point and feel like you have to start over. Hope you can knock it out soon!

Stand pipes will be easy, my old ones were adjustable and I kept them high. Here I Think I can cut and add a coupling to gain some length. The sump ? I may have to glue a new manifold together. It just seems like my flow is way more now with the same pump. I did figure out I switched from 3/4” tube to 1”. Can’t believe with this pump it made that much difference though. May have to get fancy with the drains. 

On the up side, the Neptune ATO, not even hooked up to my Apex seems really good.

TTFN I have to work in the morning:unsure:

Edited by hllywd

Amazing what these seemingly small restrictions do to flow.  With the somewhat recent better availability of flow meters with the apex I read more and more reports of pumps not putting out rated flow due to smallish plumbing.  

Also, you are showing your age lol, many here won't remember TTFN!

• 2 weeks later...