hllywd

My new tank!

So I moved some things around and took out ~30lbs of rock... Triton stuff arrived mostly frozen yesterday and I need to figure out how to mount a fuge light. Need to get some charting going to nip the beginnings of some HA in the bud! Thought I killed my Apex, but it seems I corrupted my firmware, then it wouldn’t boot if it was connected to my network. Got it figured out and it’s working again!

D7BA8DD0-5D27-4BD1-9AF9-A73E7B62A335.jpeg

3030ECD0-BCD6-4200-9DC7-57B74DAA1446.jpeg

45E04DC6-1AB3-49A5-927B-B4A5533ED9AA.jpeg

No, it happened after I calibrated a couple pH probes, got inaccurate results, and restarted the Apex. After that it wouldn’t boot with the Ethernet connected. Seems all good now...

Needs some wire and power management since my Apex is further away than most of the power cords. The $35 Jinvoo smart power strip is a really nice addition. 

Just set the doser up so my Triton chems are automated. Interesting info I found for the Jebao DP4. Looking on Amazon the reviews aren’t so hot. Seems a lot of them arrive with non-working pumps. Only the number 2 pump worked for me... initially. I found a YouTube on how to fix them though. Interestingly, 3 of mine were put together backwards. Apparently that’s the common problem with this doser (aside from the translated instructions). Removed, corrected, and replaced the pump heads and all is well!

6F0451BE-4638-41F7-8668-2D3E4A89E770.jpeg

22 minutes ago, jeff70 said:

love the beaker!!!!!!!!!

I normally use it with a stir plate for making yeast starters when I brew. It works equally well mixing chemicals for the aquarium you might have to shake for a while to dissolve. They come in various sizes and they’re not terribly expensive. I have 1L and 2L. Pretty useful. Erlenmeyer flask if anyone looks for them.

Edited by hllywd

Some neat stuff in the works. Spent the rest of my swap money early...:o

I’ve had vinegar circulating through my new sump and skimmer most of the day. Finishing up with bleach to make it sparkle!

it has two Jebao DCT 12000s, one for the skimmer, one for the return. Make my Eheim 1262 seem puny even on a low setting! Very smooth, very quiet.

Edited by hllywd

Doesn’t sound quiet in the video, but believe me, with the lid on it’s nice! Pumps have a low hum, no slurping noise from the skimmer air intake either.

9 hours ago, hllywd said:

Some neat stuff in the works. Spent the rest of my swap money early...:o

I’ve had vinegar circulating through my new sump and skimmer most of the day. Finishing up with bleach to make it sparkle!

it has two Jebao DCT 12000s, one for the skimmer, one for the return. Make my Eheim 1262 seem puny even on a low setting! Very smooth, very quiet.

Looking good. Nice addition to the setup. Wonder where you picked that up... ;)

12 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Looking good. Nice addition to the setup. Wonder where you picked that up... ;)

This wasn’t in the cards, but I kind of wanted a more polished look. Tried, but I couldn’t pass it up! :unsure:

On 2/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, hllywd said:

Just a quick video of my new inhabitants! Went from not much activity to a real riot! Shot my whole swap wad!!! Well maybe not the whole thing...

Some how I missed this video. :wub: I love all the tangs. I need this on a loop while I am sitting here in the office.